Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
thanks for the tip Rui.
i thought they make smooth video by quad without editing..
I have an issue with GPS...
I get a solid blue light on the GPS Unit, but the mission planner (connected via Xbee)
does not pick up GPS signal.
0 satcount, but solid blue light...
Im at a loss!
I have had that problem randomly also. It has been around since the 2.5. Sometimes it displays satcount and sometimes not. I think that it is recorded but just doesn’t display correctly all the time. If I restart the mission planner and play back the log it most always displays satcount. I have had the same random problem with the % throttle. Most of the time both work but not 100% of the time.
I get that, But in my case, It does not show my GPS location on the flight planner page.
Dont think loiter will work too well!
I'm having the same problem all of a sudden on two units and have 3 GPS units to test with. Can you get into client mode? I can't at all. Just ignores my 3 returns.
I have some problems with logging.
Some time is working, most the time not.
Usually I get following messages:
Init ArduCopter V2.6
Free RAM: 2346
FW Ver: 118
load_all took 7768us
Press ENTER 3 times for CLI
GArduCopter V2.6] logs
logs enabled: ATTITUDE_MED GPS PM CTUN NTUN CMD
Log 1, start 1, end 1
Log 2, start 1, end 1
I erase all and get:
Log] !!Allow 30-90 seconds for erase
?3 ?Erasing logs ???3?Log erase complete logs enabled: ATTITUDE_MED GPS PM CTUN NTUN CMD
After flying get again first message...
I was getting a very similar problem. After a flight my logs were always of a historical flight and not the current flight. I did a reset and erase through the terminal setup then reinstalled the firmware and setup. Now my logs are working again. I think the 2.6 changed the way the logs erase and the old log information was not erased properly.
I had the same problem. The newest version of the firmware (2.6.1) has solved it though!
Sounds like you just need to auto-trim it? I'm not sure if auto-trim has any effect in acro mode though.
Easiest way to auto trim is to set it to activate with the ch7 switch, then fly in stab mode giving small bumps on the sticks in the direction it needs to be trimmed until it will hover with minimal drift (in a windless environment).
Does auto-trim stay in effect until you turn ch7 back to the low position? Or does it time-out?
Seems like it's in auto-trim mode while the switch is high, then turns off when the switch is low again, but I may be wrong.