Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
remove any offsets or trim on your throttle channel and recalibrate your radio input. if it wont arm its almost certainly because its not detecting zero throttle position from your radio.
Hi James, Will try recalibrating again but have no offsets on any of the primary controls, just pure 100% travel. Exception being throttle trim set to min, to ensure ESC's (flashed with RapidESC) will initialize, have also tried mid throttle trim. Think it is the direct result of lowering the Throttle_min var in config.h
It arms ok without above adjustment in the code.
Thx for the info.
Has this problembeen adresses yet?
Lets hope it gets resolved soon ;-)
Vincent, did you do the "Hover in one position for at least 15 seconds" part ?
I did that on my jDrones quad APM1, and AltHold is very good.
Yes, normally I always start with hovering to check the stab mode.
I'm willing to tru this again.
Is there a kind of reset for the hover value?
Not sure if there is a reset.
According to the wiki/some posts, the APM "learns" a certain value for throttle setting vs stable position, and when you land, disarm, it writes that into the settings.
Mmm, just had a look into my quad, throttle trim is at 500.
Is this a default value the developers had for their own standard machines?
Could somebody tell me what Arducopter file holds the code for taking the MavLink provided parameters and assigning them to Arducopter variables.
Trying to track this to see what ends up where, there seem to be a lot of redundant defines and assignments.
It's mostly in parameters.pde. For example on line 119 you'll see that the TRIM_THROTTLE parameter gets mapped to the throttle_cruise variable in the code. It's also possible for parameters to be in libraries though...it's slightly more complicated in these cases to figure out the mapping but it can be done by looking through the .cpp files (like Compass.cpp) and you will often find a var_info array that holds the mapping from the parameter name to the class's variable...the parameter names you find in that var_info array will be prefixed with some characters that you'll find right at the bottom of the Parameters.pde file.
If you're wondering what the Parameters.h file is for..well...each parameter actually has an ID. I believe it's corresponds to it's location in the eeprom. These IDs are all defined in the Parameters.h file.
anyway, hope this helps a bit.
Hello all, I tired to fly the Arducopter Hexa jdrones 880Kv APM1 v2.6, in Stabilize mode at a lower height in no wind condition. Problem is it is moving in the backward direction while i am applying the throttle only
I dont see this problem in the videos posted by others here. Shouldn't it just lift and drop at same location in the absence of wind?? What am i doing wrong?
Looks like it was flying tilted to me!
Try leveling again in mission planner or level it whilst airborne:
Look under: Field Calibrations...
you did'nt something wrong, it is really easy - you forgot to make a correct Inflight-Calibration:
1. Level yor Copter correctly!! and very good in the MP manually.
2. Flight outside: arm your Copter (not only the usual 4-8 Sec.), hold your Stick about 20+ Sec.(!!WINDLESS Situation!!)
3. Lift off to about 0.5-1 m Height and try to hold the copter over the starting point (in your case push your Copter with the stick carefully only a little bit back)
4. after 45 sec. land and unarm normal NOT longer than 10 sec!
Now your Copter is Calibrated. arm again and lift off - if you not sadisfied, repeat the above steps until you Copter lifts up without drifting - like all the others you seen in their videos.
Happy flights - Rolf