Version 2.6 of the ArduCopter code is now available in the AP Mission Planner and in the downloads area!
Updates to MavLink 1.0 means you will need to use "ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe" to connect. If you've updated your mission planner recently you should find this executable in the directory where the mission planner is installed.
The above video is done using a prototype 3dr ublox GPS which seems to have better accuracy than the standard mediatek.
Improvements over 2.5.5 include:
- MavLink 1.0 support (use with ArdupilotMegaPlanner10.exe) [Tridge, Craig]
- Stability improvements especially during level hover [Jason]
- throttle range improvement (higher min and max) [Jason]
- improved standard Loiter PIDs [Alan, Heino, Jason, Angel]
- dataflash erase speed up ('+' messages removed but it only takes 6 seconds now) [Tridge]
- Copter LEDs [Robert Lefebvre]
- RTL loiter stage target set to home to improve final landing position [Jason]
- flip & acro improvements [Jason]
- circle mode target improvement for ground station [Jason]
- Auto Approach [Adam Rivera / Marco]
Bug fixes include:
- UBLOX driver fixes (lock should now be more reliable) [Tridge]
- enable mavlink messages during dataflash erase which resolves issue in which new APMs fresh from the factory appeared unresponsive [Tridge]
- proper printing of lat/lon values in dataflash logs [Randy]
- removed duplicate GPS reads [Jason]
- resolve flooding of telemetry link with low-battery warnings [Tridge]
- RTL bug would land if rtl_approach_alt was more than 1 [Jason]
- WP Radius could not be set larger than 1.3m [Jason/Randy]
PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.
This time we spent some time optimising the loiter PIDs. Tuning loiter can be tricky so please refer to the discussions which will appear below for more community feedback on what parameters work best.
All feedback welcome below. Enhancement requests and bug reports can be put into the arducopter issues list. When possible please include logs (tlog and/or dataflash) and tell us whether you're using APM1 or APM2 and what version of the software you're using (presumably 2.6 but tell us anyway!).
Thanks Andrew for your report.
I am curious whether you enable compass learn or not when you are using your compass offsets code.
I have the same, it's not a matter of setup
I have a query regarding arducopter 2.6:
For 880 Kv motors, value of Rate Roll P should be 0.09-0.1 (as stated in wiki) or 0.110 (as mentioned in mission planner Med P = 0.110) ?
Start with the default value, the wiki is a little outdated for those values.
for a hexa with jDrones 880kv motors, APC 12x3.8 props and AUW between 2 and 2.5Kg i am using RATE P of 0.130. do try the default 0.160, but be prepared to tune it down a bit.
Flew v2.7RC this morning, very nice. Auto, Loiter, RTL work very well. In Loiter there are some medium frequency oscillations which don't seem to affect the Loiter but would definately upset any aerial video takers. Otherwise great job devs, looking for to v2.7 final!
ArduCopter 2.7 final is in the download area and in the planner, we continue the discussion in this thread.
Hi, i have a question. Normally if i just connect the ESC outputs to RC receiver, we're able to fully control the UAV. When we want the rotor to start spinning we can simply push the throttle. Here comes the question. Now if i connect the ESC directly to APM 2.0 Board, and also connect Receiver Channel inputs to APM board, the thing works differently. The ESC starts up the moment we connect the battery source to it which is not the outcome i want. So how can i do to resolve this issue? Please help me guys I need it!!