ArduCopter 2.7.1 will become available on Mission Planner and in the downloads area shortly. This release contains a few important bug fixes as well as the first implementation of the MPU6000 sensor-fusion code.
Detailed changes are in the commit log. Here's a summary:
- Preliminary support for MPU6000 on board sensor-fusion (DMP)
- AP_Limits: Experimental "bounce" mode, for smaller spaces (LIM_RECMODE)
- Bug fix for yaw error buildup on takeoff
- Fix in Auto mode for failsafe handling
- Fixes to 3-axis camera gimbal code
Hey Lloyd, care to share your prams for your setup... the APM1 with 880.....
What params are you looking for? I used stock PIDs for the above menioned test runs. Previous releases required an increase in StabP and RateP a bit but 2.7.1 is right on out of the box.
APM1 with 880kv motors and a toal weight of 2kg (a little heavy).
I agree, this is the best firmware I have tested in 2 years. It's very stable and smooth.
- I also get the weird camera gimbal axis mix-up. It takes a little extra workaround in the parameters list. And I agree, setting the camera up is really hard... I realized that in order to achieve having the camera stay at the same pitch angle while the quad is changing attitude, the difference must be that of 9000 'units' (degrees?). Of course, this is different for every servo arm and servo position...
Thanks to The Developers for this version!
I just had an incident with Arducopter. I was flying and then all of a sudden it pitched forward and inverted and went 30 ft straight to the ground. I am not sure if anyone else has seen this issue. Here are the logs if anyone might be able to figure it out. This happened right after the update to 2.7.1.
I had a GPS Lock but it the KML file is not reflecting the correct location.
Something similar happened to me a while ago. Was your battery fully charged? Mine wasn't.
Do you fly with a battery alarm?
Are your ESC cables soldered?
Are your ESC signal cables soldered to the ESC? This will also get rid of glitching while flying. It took me a year to find this one out. and many broken props. The 30$ kind.
I had exactly the same problem after updatung to 2.7, My quad pitched forward and all the motors stopped suddenly.
Chuck: Do you have a tlog you could post of this flight?
Problem found, as I saw further in this tread, the cutoff voltage was set to Middle instead of Low on the front motor, that explains why it pitched forward when the battery got low.
Sorry about the false alarm.
Hello, this is happening to me and it is soooo frastrating. Where do I check what you have said above here. And what should I look for.
Sorry, I've been away for a week at the AUVSI conf so I haven't been keeping up with this thread.
I had a look at your logs and they're very abnormal. At row 4368, a little dot (".") appears in the log which is a sign that your logs are corrupted. I suspect that all data beyond that point is not useful..the "AHRS.renorm_blowup_count" jumps to 78 which is a sign that your attitude solution is messed up, the pitch goes -17757 and from then only the ATT message appear. The logs then restart at around row 27460 although the welcome message doesn't appear so it looks like we're seeing the beginning of another flight wher ether logs weren't erased properly.
The kmz location not matching reality is probably because that's data from an earlier flight.
I don't know what to say really..erase all your logs again. The sudden pitch forward could be a software error but I'd lean more towards a brown-out. There is this issue with motors pulsing that I'm actively looking at but that's not causing people to flip over as far as I know.