Arducopter 2.7.2 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area Some positive reports on testing can be found in this discusssion by John Hanson.

Note: just as the release was going out an issue was found re support for the all Camera Gimbals on the APM1s (it doesn't work) and with 3 axis gimbals on the APM2 (2-axis works ok but not 3).  If you're one of these people, please wait for 2.7.3 which will be out shortly. 

UPDATE: 2.7.3 is now in the Mission Planner

Functional Improvements over 2.7.1:

• Fast waypoints (Jason) - if the turn angle between two waypoint the copter is less than 60 degrees it does not slow down
  • Navigation improvements and logging including switching to filtered location for distance calculations (jason)
  • Flip improvements - more aggressive and flexible flip code based on attitude instead of timing (Jason)
  • Improved camera control - you can now control any axis (roll, tilt, pan) with any rc channel.  it probably makes most sense that you will use 6 but others are possible too.  Unfortunately these changes required we change the set-up procedure so the mission planner gimbal set-up screen needs to be modified again.  Please refer to the AC_Camera wiki page for how to manually set-up the gimbal (Amilcar)
  • Flybar acro mode for TradHeli (Robert)
  • "Fast gains" - allows strong correction of attitude using accelerometers while the quad is stationary on the ground but relies more on gyros while flying (Tridge, Jason)
  • Baro filtering improvements (Tridge)

Bug Fixes:

• DMP timing fix (Randy) - the MPU6000's dmp unit was inadvertantly turned on and caused timing delays in the main loop- xbee bricking issue (Craig / Tridge)
  • Dataflash fixes (Jason)
  • Engine ticking - was a combination of roll/pitch rate D term being too high and the dmp timing fix above (Randy, Emile)
  • Faster heading correction on start-up - resolves issue with simple mode getting incorrect heading if you took off very soon after start-up (Tridge)

Code Cleanup:

• Increased maximum number parameters (Tridge)
  • Formatting changes to code (Pat)
  • Replaced "int" with "int16_t" everywhere (Randy)

As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

There is still some question on whether the default Roll/Pitch Rate P (0.175) is high enough (it was 0.185 in 2.7.1) and also some people feel the Throttle Rate should be higher (currently 0.300 but some say 0.330 or even much higher would be better).

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Views: 52486

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for this. How did you arrive at the correct size for the GP? Is this published or did you calculate it in some way? Would like to do something similar for the UBlox but not sure of the sizing.

Hi Scott,

I found this, which I'm going to try using a piece of one side copper plated etch board.

http://microchip.ua/simcom/GPS/SIM18/Application%20Notes/GPS-X-0801... page 18.

This is interesting too. It is the patch antenna provided with the uBlox. I assume the DYIdrones uBlox uses this antenna.

http://www.taoglas.com/images/product_images/original_images/GP.157...

Hopefully I got that right. Appreciate other input!

Great piece of info Craig!
Could you post a picture of your GP configuration?

i've got my apm 2.0 sat pretty much on top of 8 esc's, that are crammed between the centre plates on a 3dr frame, apm right above, its fine and dandy! I've twisted all cables as tight as they'd go and it seems to have done the trick.

Regarding over lapping blades: Have you tried bending the bottom ones up by hand to see if a collision is possible? i've noticed that on fast decents my X8 blades get a lot closer together, especially if I'm running softer less breakable ones :/

The bottles weigh is not over 200g for bottle, but the MK 33638 trust over 2 Kg/motor... :-)

It's a telemetry antenna 433 MHz.

I will be working on my quad later today and will grab a pic then. [I am adding a smallish locking 4-pole switch so I can disconnect the motor outputs from APM module without having to remove my cover and pull the plug = convenience + safety for me.]

The groundplane sizes for the Mediatek came from some manual I found on the web. It was 2 months ago that I worked on this so my details are now a bit fuzzy... The point of the 76x36mm is it mounted easily on the top of one side of my stack, yet is small enough (compared to other preferred sizes) that it doesn't overlap the whole stack. The reason I (you?) want this is it's bad medecine to put the GPS over my FrSky Rx, and since you want the ceramic patch in the center of the GP for best results, you do not want this "center" to be partly over the Rx. For best results as I found, but you should experiment. Also it would limit access to my Rx switch (binding, failsafe) the way the Rx is mounted (Velcro on bottom).

I power the Rx from one ESC BEC, the APM input side and GPS from another, and the APM output side from another. What the heck, they're there anyway...the idea being that by keeping the load on each ESC BEC as low as possible that hopefully the voltage will collapse less, if/when it collapses due to motor load. If any one ESC or BEC blows, I'm finished, so it's not more fault-tolerant (though perhaps less likely to have a fault in the first place), but I hear that's generally the case with a quad anyway.

In the meantime here's a pic I already posted that shows a bit of the GPS module with GP just below it, towards the right side of the stack.

http://api.ning.com/files/gLFfWt1PCUIoXmO15*J0wEpToE0PP7-9pwYAp78qN...

Thanks for the link Alexander, interesting read...

Thanks. I am getting really good results with my Mediatek (with the JDrones battery board) but I think I may do the GP thing as well jsut to see what happens. Building out a second quad now and will be a lot neater with teh wiring, will twist pairs, etc... and plan to use teh UBlox on that one - so may be revisiting all this when it is together.

Norman, you can found my setup in the video descriptions.About my parameters i release my setting when 2.7.4 final go out.
There's a lot of great improvements, stay tuned (i think this week)!

. I would have thought an Oct would still fly with one motor out? Did you notice in this video the right motor is not mounted straight along the arm ?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service