Arducopter 2.7.2 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area Some positive reports on testing can be found in this discusssion by John Hanson.

Note: just as the release was going out an issue was found re support for the all Camera Gimbals on the APM1s (it doesn't work) and with 3 axis gimbals on the APM2 (2-axis works ok but not 3).  If you're one of these people, please wait for 2.7.3 which will be out shortly. 

UPDATE: 2.7.3 is now in the Mission Planner

Functional Improvements over 2.7.1:

• Fast waypoints (Jason) - if the turn angle between two waypoint the copter is less than 60 degrees it does not slow down
  • Navigation improvements and logging including switching to filtered location for distance calculations (jason)
  • Flip improvements - more aggressive and flexible flip code based on attitude instead of timing (Jason)
  • Improved camera control - you can now control any axis (roll, tilt, pan) with any rc channel.  it probably makes most sense that you will use 6 but others are possible too.  Unfortunately these changes required we change the set-up procedure so the mission planner gimbal set-up screen needs to be modified again.  Please refer to the AC_Camera wiki page for how to manually set-up the gimbal (Amilcar)
  • Flybar acro mode for TradHeli (Robert)
  • "Fast gains" - allows strong correction of attitude using accelerometers while the quad is stationary on the ground but relies more on gyros while flying (Tridge, Jason)
  • Baro filtering improvements (Tridge)

Bug Fixes:

• DMP timing fix (Randy) - the MPU6000's dmp unit was inadvertantly turned on and caused timing delays in the main loop- xbee bricking issue (Craig / Tridge)
  • Dataflash fixes (Jason)
  • Engine ticking - was a combination of roll/pitch rate D term being too high and the dmp timing fix above (Randy, Emile)
  • Faster heading correction on start-up - resolves issue with simple mode getting incorrect heading if you took off very soon after start-up (Tridge)

Code Cleanup:

• Increased maximum number parameters (Tridge)
  • Formatting changes to code (Pat)
  • Replaced "int" with "int16_t" everywhere (Randy)

As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/Jdrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

There is still some question on whether the default Roll/Pitch Rate P (0.175) is high enough (it was 0.185 in 2.7.1) and also some people feel the Throttle Rate should be higher (currently 0.300 but some say 0.330 or even much higher would be better).

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Views: 52487

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Over the past few days, I removed access wiring (from ESC to motors). All lines run straight from the PDB (jDrones Hexa board) to the ESC's to the motors. This did not make a difference at all, despite the fact that I now lost 50gr of wiring, but have no slack to experiment with.

Then I moved the main board away from the PDB (which has an Attopilot 90A in its center). It is now 2 inches away and it seems to help a lot. However, I do not like this setup as the main board is now more away from the center and subject to more vibration. Not sure what to do next, but I'm going to try to magnetically shield the top of the PDB.

Question is: has anyone seen this before? Do the ESC's create a magnetic field that might impact the compass? What about the eight motors themselves: the are approx 12 inches (30 cm) from the center.

Any feedback would be appreciated.Shielding can easily be made from some flashing which does not weight a whole lot. I did not see this problem in the Hexa or Octa configuration.  

There is a problem with  the updated Mission Planner. The flight data page doesn't load properly on both my computers.

right click -> reset

I have a similar problem .....

Link

reset makes an error message appear

Right click -> reset worked for me on my laptop and desktop. Both running Windows 7, 64 bit.

I have Windows 32bit XP Prof

Reset works, but then causes an error message, and MP flight data screen is still unusable until I reboot MP, but still cannot load the Telemetry logs page without it pulling a blank screen across the entire map which is impossible to close.

hey graham,

i,ve having problems assigning functions to channels too, i want to use the camera gimbal on channels 5 and 6, but those channels do nothing when a servo's connected, a bit like you and getting the trigger to fire!

Hope someone comes up with a solution!

Tristan

Randy and team

Arducopter 2.7.4 Beta have issue in board APM 1. 

it can't cennect telemetry Xbee on APM 1. But, APM 2.5 it can normally connect.

pls, check and Edit a problem about telemetry Xbee on APM 1 when our used Arducopter 2.7.4 Beta.

Best Regard 

Balloon

If you happen to be doing some sort of inertial navigation with the APM, there seem to be some issues with the attitude information also. Namely the accuracy of the attitude estimation is not all that good. Its ok for keeping the copter with in around 5deg or so but according to my test, you get pretty fast drifts to either side once you tilt the copter. Adding a high pass filter (I have used just basicly an I-controller that slowly zeroes out the signal) helps this issue somewhat and you can get rather good velocity values out of the accelerometers, but position estimation is still kind of unreliable since even miniscule offsets on the acceleration build up very fast if the attitude estimation is even slightly off.

For the reference, I am using the accelerometer data at 25hz, sliding average filtered from the 100Hz values (at the fast loop).

The position estimation is done with python, and I am considering just testing with my own implementation attitude estimation if that would make things better.

Flying super tight FPV is my true passion these days, it's a roller coaster of the mind, every time.

I'm not brilliant at it yet, but each time I fly something else in my head clicks into place. 

In the last few months of learning there has not been one excursion at which I have not laughed out loud, and my hands STILL shake like crazy as soon as I take the goggles off.

I've just built myself a ridiculous ground station, Mission planner with joystick control piped through the goggles, and on the laptop MP HUD (that looks awesome BTW if you've not tried it, mission planner HUD as you look down the nose of your craft). A video switcher, diversity, patch with antennae tracker and CL/SP antennae, a spectator screen, buddy box and two comfy camping chairs with ale holders.

I am like a pig in shit, thanks all, for the encouragement :D 

All that's left now is to work out how to get a 500g quad to lift 4kg of batteries.

Update MP from help more than once until you are ok,than drag the menus as you like........windows xp sp3 MP1.2.13

Post some pictures of your setup.  Sounds fantastic.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service