Arducopter 2.8.1 is now in the mission planner and in the downloads area! Remember to do your MP configuration again after loading this code, since it erases your EEPROM and sets it to the new defaults. 

Note: Issues with APM1 user's level feature not working are now resolved.  If you installed 2.8 we highly recommend you upgrade to 2.8.1 as 430 extra bytes of RAM have been freed up which reduces the chance of memory corruption (although we haven't seen any cases of this on the APM2 at least) .

Note #2: this release has not gone out for Traditional Helicopters until they can be tested fully.  Flip and Toy mode have also not been fully tested.

Improvements over 2.7.3:

• Improved ACRO mode (Leonard Hall)
  • Improved stability patch to reduce "climb-on-yaw" problem (Leonard, Rob Lefebvre, Randy)
  • Rate controller targets moved to body frames (yaw control now works properly when copter is inverted) (Leonard/Randy)
  • Less bouncy Stabilize yaw control (Leonard)
  • OpticalFlow sensor support for APM2.5 (Randy)
  • DMP works again by adding "#define DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" to APM_Config.h You can also log DMP vs DCM to the dataflash by adding "#define SECONDARY_DMP_ENABLED ENABLED" (Randy)
  • Watch dog added to shutdown motors if main loop feezes for 2 seconds (Randy)
  • Thrust curve added to linearize pwm->thrust. Removes deadzone found above 90% throttle in most ESC/motors (Randy)
  • More timing improvements (main loop is now tied to MPU6000s interrupt) (Randy)
  • GPS NMEA bug fix (Alexey Kozin)
  • Logging improvements (log I terms, dump all settings at head of dataflash log) (Jason)

Bug Fixes / Parameter changes:

• fixed skipping of last waypoint (Jason)
  • resolved twitching when no GPS attached (Tridge)
  • fixed loss of altitude if alt hold is engaged before first GPS lock (Randy/Jason)
  • moved Roll-Pitch I terms from Stabilize controllers to Rate controllers
  • TILT_COMPENSATION param tuned for TradHeli (Rob)

Code Cleanup:

• HAL changes for platform portability (Pat Hickey)
  • Removed INSTANT_PWM (Randy)

As per usual PIDs are optimised for the 3DR/jDrones quad with 850 motors and 10" props. If you're using more powerful motors/props and are seeing bad flight behaviour in stabilize, start by turning down Rate Roll P in 25% steps.

Please note that on this release we've moved the Roll and Pitch I terms from the Stabilize controller to the Rate controller. There's some evidence that says this can lead to flips on take-off if you move the roll or pitch sticks around as you take-off so we recommend you leave these sticks in the middle until you're in the air.

Please feel free to report issues you find in the discussion below and/or add them to the issues list.

Thanks and enjoy!

Tags: ACM, APM1, APM2, ArduCopter, Heli, Quad

Views: 110261

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm not turn off transmitter. But, It have RTL by itself and auto land on at that time is ok.

Today I came up with a little problem, after doing some paramater changing.

The motors of my Y6 did not spin up. When I push throttle up, they did not spin. At full throttle and then puch throttle down, some of the motors did spin up slowly. First I thought, ther must be something wrong with ESC calibration, because I did a new bind to my receiver to programm RTL to failsafe.

But ESC Calibration changed nothing.

Then I thought on a strange thing I saw in the Missionplanner. The Params thr_min and thr_max have default values of 130 for min and 1000 for max. As this values are described as percentage values and the entryfields in the mission planner are orange, I changed them to 50 and 100, so that the fields got green. After saving and refresh, the sliders could not be set to above 100 any more, what is o.k. for percentage sliders.

After that, the motors did not spin up any more.

Then I changed them back to 130 and 1000 and all workes well now again.

So what I am wondering ist, why this values are that high in the 2.9 (could not remember where theay were in 2.9.1) and why there is a hint in the mission planner that it is percentage and hast to be between 0 and 100.

This is a little bit confusing.

Has anyone tried using the Channel 7 (opt) for the RTL mode?

I'm experiencing issues on my tricopter when using the channel 7 (opt) for RTL mode. When the RTL mode is activated via the channel 7, the tricopter bounces up and down and does not return to launch. 

Using it without a problem and with great success. On 2.8.2 that is.

Francis,

instructions are here on the wiki for how to download dataflash logs.  Post them here and i'll have a look.

Randy,

This's tlog my test have problem it not auto landing when use RTL 

Attachments:

Francis,

By the way, I tried this on both 2.8.1 and 2.9 and it seems to initiate an RTL a-ok.

i  test 2.9rc1 

both xbee and minimosd connected to apm2.5

xbee connected rx tx lines

minim osd apm-tx to osd-rx only

when xbee link is not connected osd dont move horison line

how to make sure that the horizon worked regardless of the link state?

Sorry Alexey, you can't.

When you connect both you can't connect the OSD tx. When you just have the OSD you have to connect the tx.

The way to do this easily is when you remove the xbee connection , connect the OSD connection to that one instead of the rx only port.

That is about as simple as I can give you.

Leonard

Thank you, 

I will do tx with ability to connect to OSD

Today, I test 2.9 rc2 by used GPS MTK3329 removed battery backup again. it's loiter mode very good and hold on the air and test Guided mode very nice and no oscillate. 

Attachments:

With the easy performance monitoring we have in 2.9 (the dataflash PM message includes info on the # of slow running loops) we've stumbled over some performance issues on the APM1.  These issues have actually been there from even before 2.8.1 but in any case, we're working to resolve this before pushing out release candidate #3.  Hopefully won't be more than another 24h or so..

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service