First af all I want to thank every contributor to the Arducopter project for their hard work and commitment.
A few months ago I got hooked to this project and first of all did a lot of reading.
Last month I started ordering the different parts and yesterday was D-day for me because I did my first test flight after some minor problem with bad contacts the IMU headers .
First of all, my setup
KDA 20-22L motors
APC 10 x 4,7
DIY power distribution
Here are some photos of my quad.
Note, the ESC's will eventually be covered ;-)
Now for my problem: PID tuning!!!!!!
I calibrated everything according to the manuals, uploaded the alpha 1 firmware and used the standard PID values. I did a test flight in stable and + mode.
-Front motor and rear motors tend to turn very late.
-Before lift of nose tends to go in the gound.
-When in the air quad tends to drift and yaw to the left
-At a certain height (1,5m) quad starts to oscilate in the role axes
Stable PID values are:
Roll: P=4; I=0,15, D=1,2
Pitch: P=4; I=0,15, D=1,2
Yaw: P=3; I=0,15, D=2,4
I've allready tried some minor changes in the PID values but this cost me some leafs of a plant in the living room. ;-)
I would try to change Roll P to a lower value (3) to minimize the oscilation