Good day guys !!  

I feel the need to obtain the information from my PixHawk in my Graupner MZ-24 screen. I found
some threads talking about a change in arducopter firmware to run the telemetry, not good at messing original controller firmware.

Then I found an "adapter" that staff of the AutoQuad made to convert the MavLink in Hott telemetry.

I come here to share a few changes I made in the project Mav2Rott downloaded here: http://autoquad.org/software-downloads/?did=31.
This is an adaptation to send the telemetry PixHawk for Graupner Hott Protocol.

Is correct with some features:

Battery Voltage;
Altitude for barometer;
Satellite count Speed;
Flight Modes Current drawn by the motor;
Direction of the Head;

I am not able to make it work:

Correct display Latitude and Longitude;
Distance of Home;
Direction of Home;

If anyone can help thank you very much.
The project is attached to the topic. The connections are equal to the jd-ioboard. I am using an Arduino Pro Mini.

Views: 6611

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you.

can i learn schematic diagram of connections ?

http://fpvbrasil.com.br/photo/conex-o-mavlink-to-hott?context=user

can i learn schematic diagram of connections ?

http://fpvbrasil.com.br/photo/conex-o-mavlink-to-hott?context=user

when i try compile i have an error viA arduino ide

In file included from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/BetterStream.h:16:0,
                 from C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/FastSerial.h:56,
                 from Mav2HoTT_NoLeds.ino:80:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h: In function 'int strcasecmp_P(const char*, const prog_char_t*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:108:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
     return strcasecmp_P(str1, (const prog_char *)pstr);
                                      ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:108:38: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:108:32: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
     return strcasecmp_P(str1, (const prog_char *)pstr);
                                ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:108:32: error: expected ')' before 'const'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h: In function 'int strcmp_P(const char*, const prog_char_t*)':
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:113:34: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
     return strcmp_P(str1, (const prog_char *)pstr);
                                  ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:113:34: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of 'type name' with no type [-fpermissive]
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:113:28: error: expected primary-expression before 'const'
     return strcmp_P(str1, (const prog_char *)pstr);
                            ^
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h:113:28: error: expected ')' before 'const'
C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\FastSerial/../AP_Common/AP_Common.h: In function 'size_t strlen_P(const prog_char_t*)':

will this work on a graupner mz-24?

i have tried months ago, but i cant succes. i will try hex files again, because i cıuldnt compile others with arduino.

I haven't tested this with MZ though I only have MX series now, but it should work.

Hi Michael,

is there any progress in development of this useful software? Sharing would be great and would allow further branches.  

I loaded the hexfile into a arduino uno connected on pixhawk running 3.3.2. Flight modes are shown on MC32 but no other data. As soon as I get a pro mini board, I will start new tests. 

Do you have experience with new pixhawk firmware versions?

The APM version was running perfect and delivered all data to the MC32 Display, but I changed all flightcontroll to pixhawk.

Thanks for all things done. 

Thank you for your testing with MC series RC which I don't have.

I use this with my pixhawk's latest FW with no problems.

Newer version will use better-written 1-wire serial port, but it's not ready yet.

Will be glad to hear form you.

Maybe I found my issue while try to get this code running:

• My mistake was to use the minimosd connector to supply the arduino board with mavlink data. Minimosd is connected to telem2 - didn´t doublecheck if it worked after the last updates.
  • While debugging the code, I found heatbeat and flightmode but no other. 
  • Then found this description: https://github.com/Clooney82/MavLink_FrSkySPort/wiki/1.1.-Teensy-an... 

Started a git project following this idea:

https://github.com/j-lang/MAVLink2Hott

Newer version of MAVLink2HoTT converter is ready. Now it uses only PIN3 as HoTT serial is now asyncronous and fully interrupt-driven. This eliminates sensor data loss for several seconds problem present in previous version.

Newer version 1.3 is to come soon. It supports Graupner Air Esc (S3032 & S3042) sensor emulation and is configurable from RC.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service