I just put together the ArduPilot Mega (2560) board and IMU shield and using the APM Planner V1.0.93, was able to load the ArduPlane V2.251 firmware without a problem.

When I decided to upload the ArduPlane HIL V2.251 SIM firmware so that I can use the XPlane simulation, it  fails.  The progress bar shows the reading of the hex file and when that completes, the progress bar resets and it states loading 69728 bytes.  Very quickly, the upload fails with an error message -

Check port settings or port in use? System.Exception: Upload failed. Lost syn.  Try

Arduino!!

at ArdupilotMega.GCSViews.Frimware.UplaodFlash(String filename, String board)    

Without changing any settings, I can immediately upload the ArduPlane V2.251 firmware without a problem.  It appears to be functioning properly as it returns flight data and does read the radio inputs.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

smguest

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Dear Michael
    I am having trouble flashing my APM 2.6 mega with the HIL plane firmware. I get error messages.I will forward these in a subsequent reply if you like. I know that Qgroundcontrol will work with plane and a Pixhawk. I would prefer to use MP. Do you know if HIL firmware will be written for the Pixhawk
    Regards
    Max
  • Hmmm, it works now and I've changed nothing on my end.  Since it appears to download the firmware before the upload to the APM,maybe there was some sort of glitch last night that has since been resolved.  Regardless, I got the sim to run perfectly and I'll just put all of that behind me (until it happens again).

I'm just glad that Steve reported the same problem and I wasn't crazy.

• However, it seems that the normal blue ArduPlane  firmware loads fine and can run the X plane simulator as well.

• I've been getting the same issue today as well. I would've assumed the Arduplane HIL firmware is bad, but the error says "Uploaded Failed Lost Sync" so i don't know what is wrong....

This reply was deleted.

Activity