I've just released ArduPlane 2.61, which has a lot of small bug fixes from 2.60.
Changes since the 2.60 release include:
- fixed wheeled takeoff to work with the APM_CONTROL controllers
- support setting the plane into MANUAL or FBWA via MAVLink
- added XTRK_USE_WIND parameter. When set to true (which is the default) the wind estimate from AHRS is used in the navigation code to help with navigation crosstrack
- added support for using the airspeed estimate from wind + groundspeed when no airspeed sensor is installed to do surface speed scaling
- added reporting of estimated airspeed over MAVLink if a real airspeed sensor is not available
- fixed a bug with the throttle suppression code that prevents takeoff in auto when near home. The suppression code could get a false positive if a large gust of wind hit. We now no longer use airspeed for throttle suppression decisions
- removed the reset_I() calls and instead auto-reset integrators in the PID library if the PID has not be used for 1 second
- fixed a bug with DO_JUMP mission elements introduced in the last release
- added ALT_CTRL_ALG option. When enabled, this allows you to select the non-airspeed altitude control code with airspeed enabled. This makes it possible to use airspeed for speed scaling and wind estimation, but use the non-airspeed control for throttle and pitch
- improvements to the APM_OBC failsafe module
- added new TELEM_DELAY option to delay telemetry on startup to prevent Xbee bricking
- fix for HIL simulation in ATTITUDE mode
- changed FBWA to obey both lower and upper pitch limits
- added magnetometer accumulation in main loop. This gives us much better mag averaging, reducing compass noise a lot
- added XTRK_MIN_DIST option, allowing a minimum waypoint distance for crosstrack navigation.
- added support for the DO_SET_SERVO MAVLink command
- added RUDDER_STEER option. When enabled, only rudder will be used for steering on takeoff and landing
- fixed mount control code to allow multiple channels to be set to the same function. In particular this fixes having multiple manual output channels.
- fixed throttle nudging to not depend on the RC3_TRIM value
- added THROTTLE_NUDGE option for enabling/disabling throttle nuding