I've just released ArduPlane 2.68

This key features of this release are changed in the MPU6000 filtering, and several bug fixes (including HIL fixes).

The changes are:

• allow for remote reboot on APM1
  • fixed secondary aileron and manual servos in failsafe mode (so if the APM software dies, you still have secondary aileron control in manual)
  • added new THR_PASS_STAB option. This is for fuel planes, so you have direct throttle pass through when in stabilisation modes (STABILIZE and FBWA). This is useful if you have a throttle cut switch that drops the throttle below RC3_MIN
  • fixed THR_SLEWRATE option, which had previously not been functioning correctly. Also improved docs for this option.
  • internal changes to new AP_InertialSensor code from Randy
  • fixed HIL support for both attitude and sensors HIL.
  • fixed dataflash logging in HIL mode
  • added new INS_MPU6K_FILTER option, defaulting to 20Hz. This controls the filtering frequency of the gyros and accels and should help reduce the effects of vibration on attitude estimation. It made a huge difference on my HotDog, which has the most vibration I've ever seen in a plane.
  • fixed the build of a lot of the library example sketches
  • fixed reset of I and D terms in PID library, ensuring it doesn't cause problems during auto takeoff

The MPU6000 filtering changes are perhaps the most significant. We previously samples the MPU6000 at 200Hz and set an internal filter of 98Hz. The ArduPlane code then averaged over 4 samples to get a 50Hz update to DCM. Here is a graph of the accelerometer readings on my HotDog with the old code:

this is rather extreme, as I've setup my HotDog with the APM2 directly touching the fuselage close to the nitro engine. I wanted it to vibrate a lot to test the filtering, and it sure does! A value of 1000 on that graph is 1g, so we're seeing vibrational noise of about 6g in this plane.

I now fly my HotDog with INS_MPU6K_FILTER set to 10, which applies a 10Hz filter inside the MPU6000. We also run the MPU6000 at a sample rate of 50Hz, which means no averaging needed in the APM code. Here is a graph of the accelerometer readings now:

quite a difference! The deviations are now real (from me flying loops and rolls) and not just dominated by noise.

It actually flew OK with the previous code, as the DCM code is quite noise robust these days, but I do prefer making DCM work less hard, and it will help it to reduce aliasing and recover from attitude errors faster.

You can see graphs of other filter settings and also of the gyros for the same plane here. I think the default of 20Hz will be the best for most planes, but if you have a lot of vibration you can try 10Hz, like I now use for the HotDog.

Happy flying!

Cheers, Tridge

Views: 9254

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cheers Francois !

anyone realy fully success flight using arduplane?
i need buy "again" AMP2.5
and install to skywalker 168

any suggest?

Yes friend, ardupilot has shown a great tool for autopilot! check out the videos with Condor Skywalker + APM 2.5:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqOtCjQWxew

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWMndZ8Faek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7zbfnQU1pw

DJamal, thanks for respon

have you try the waypoin?

how about PID setting? are you using stock PID?

yes.. and perfect!.. i send the PID's later for u...

ok djamal.

im waiting my skywalker and amp2.5 now..:D

Hi friend! This is my PID of my Condor Skywalker

thanks djalma

btw do you have build foto?

now im order condor too,

so ill copy all your parameter, :lol:

i dont want take a risk, just follow from the master :)

LoL yes =) my motor is a Turnigy 2836 1200kv 340W (red with black) flies very well with this motor! 50% throttle stick, 7~10mah, consumption.

Good Look!!

how about AMP position? on CG?

i see you have 2 antena, that's for Vtx and Downlink ringht?

and you put the module downlink on the wings too? or install a  to antena?

how about GPS posision

and ESC

sorry, i afraid to crash. because i have see many friends fail, so i think part position is important

thank and sorry to many ask :)

my i know your prop size?
1200KV with 4 s i think about 8x4 or 7x6 CMIIW

Thank you very much. Very appreciated!

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service