Auto tuner for PID gains

Greetings All,

I would like to hear a feedback from you about a possible product.

I am working on an auto-tuner that can tune PID parameters in flight. The tuning is safe and fast.

How helpful is this going to be for hobbyists?
Are there existing auto-tuners used in flight controllers? How good they are?

Thanks,

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Paul Lohman said:

I think I've seen PID auto tuners for industrial processes but have also read that their usefulness is negated because each use-case is so different.  

I am aware of PID autotuners for process control, they are definitely there. Check RFT auto-tuners for example.

What sort of input params or measurement equipment might be needed to feed your program?

There is no special equipment used. But a special controller put instead of the PID controller is used. That special controller will do the identification and will calculate PID values.

And yeah, the method am working on can give you "optimal" (heah that is debatable) PID values. So you can "tighten" your existing PID tuning.

• I think I've seen PID auto tuners for industrial processes but have also read that their usefulness is negated because each use-case is so different.  That being said you may find a better way to do it, and if so yeah I can't imagine people wouldn't be interested in having an answer to "what's the most optimal PID values to do X with Y". 
    What sort of input params or measurement equipment might be needed to feed your program?

This reply was deleted.

Activity