Hey Guys,

I just purchased a Qaud – D with 880kv motors and 11” props from 3D Robotics.  I will use a Dx6i and spectrum AR6210 receiver.

The question I have is what battery would people recommend?  I have been looking all over the forums for recommendations and it sounds like most people would recommend a 5000mAh battery.  The C rating seems to differ.  I have read that 30C was good enough while others recommend at least a 45C battery. 

I currently have These two batteries in hand while I am waiting for the quad to ship.  Will the following batteries work?

2200mAh 30C with bursts up to 40C:

3300mAh 30C with bursts up to 40C:

I am looking into possibly buying one of following batteries. 

These batteries have 30C with bursts up to 60C:

3000mAh 11.1v 30C - 3S Grayson Gold

4000mAh 11.1v 30C - 3S Grayson Gold

5000mAh 11.1v 30C - 3S Grayson Gold

Any help in choosing the correct battery would be greatly appreciated.  Also If you could provide links to the batteries that you have that would be a great help.

Thanks,

Jared 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• www.ecalc.ch is your friend.

I think the formula is something like maximum amps per motor x number of motors = C draw.

So...4 x 20A motors = 80A, or 80,000mA. To run all 4 motors at maximum, an 80,000mAh battery is doing 1C. An 8,000mAh is doing 10C. A 4,000mAh is doing 20C.

Errr...I think. Maybe. Sort of. Am I on the right lines?

Regardless of my figures, remember - the closer you run to the rated C of the battery, the hotter and more ragged it will run. So go for big C's where you can (though this invariably adds cost).

• T3
    All these batteries will work fine. The only difference is the duration of flight. The 5000 will fly the longest. The smallest will fly the fastest. Your copter will handle 4S batteries as well. The 4S will give your motors more voltage and a lot more power or speed.
This reply was deleted.

Activity