HeyI'm going to spent 1500 USD for a Multicopter for videography(Gopro and other action camera).I mean exactly for videography.Now i'm practicing with a mini quadcopter(JD-385) to control the vehicle.There are two options for me :1.buying an RTF like Walkera Tali H500 .2.Building a multicopter myself better than Tali h500 with more capabilities .What should I buy if i choose "1" ?What should I build if I choose "2" ?(that's my favorite one)Please list every little configuration requirements such as :Fight controllerMUI(Sonar,Optical flow sensor, Barometer,GPS, Gyroscope, etc.)FrameMotorsESCsPropellersFPV(neccesaries, minimum range of 1 km)Gimball(3 axis with good stabilization for action camera)Controller(Minimum of 10 channels)Camera positioning kit or retracatble landing gearBattery(with minimum 15 min flight time with gimbal and camera)Anything for safety of copter.And other part such as cables, screws, etcI'm ready for your guides and tips !Thank you.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Practicing with a mini quad is a great start, but I think you should add another learning stage in there before you are ready for the two quads you listed. I think if you built a quad in the 200 mm to 350 mm range, it would set you up nicely to build and fly your own bigger multirotor. You will learn a ton on your first build and having that experience will make your second build just that much better.

I recommended this same quad in another thread, but I think a hobby king FPV250 will be perfect for you. It is not a RTF kit so you will get to learn how to assemble a quad. It seems from your requirements that you want to get into FPV. The FPV250 would be a really nice learning platform for that. Its frame will make it easy to mount all of your FPV gear. And then once you build your bigger quad, you can just move all of your gear over. Plus if you have never flown FPV before, it would be good to practice on a smaller and less expensive quad for when you crash.

The fact that you put any other parts such as cables or screws tells me that you might not know exactly what goes into a multirotor. When you buy the FPV 250, it comes with everything except a flight controller and batteries. That means when you build it, you can learn all of the different parts that are needed, without the stress of thinking you are missing some major component.

This reply was deleted.

Activity