I've been trying everything I can to get the logs off my APM2. I erased the logs with the Logs > Erase command in the CLI. Flew for 3 minutes or so, connect again and then when I go to the terminal tab of Mission Planner 1.1.40, I click Log Download I get this screen:

3690916111?profile=originalIt shows no logs to download which clearly there are (see last image). It then starts showing the text as above by itself and the amount "Done" increases incrementally for ever if I let it. it got to 27000+ yesterday after about 45 minutes!!

The terminal screen shows this:

3690916094?profile=originalIf I Type "logs" in the CLI I get this:

3690915966?profile=originalAnd if I type "dump -1"

it dumps the logs but to where, how can I view them or save them?

Can someone please tell me WTH is going on?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I´m running Mission Planner 1.1.73 and got exactly the same issue. Could you please advise me how I can get the logs to show up?

• Now it works fine for me with the new Mission Planner.

Thanks

Sorry!! Log download problem is still there, it worked fine on a small log (2 minutes flying) but after having flown 6 minutes I get this accompanied by odd beeps from the PC's internal speaker.

3692362782?profile=original

EDIT: An APM reboot and reconnect seems to have solved it, log available again, (I'll shut up now)

Logs now visible and downloadable with v1.1.41

Thank you Michael, Chris, yovio and any others involved!

• I tried to compile the mission planner. But when I open the project in C# IDE, I get the following error. Can someone please let me know what is the problem and from where can I find these files. I am an expert C/C++ unix programmer but almost a newbie to C#. I downloaded the latest source 1.1.40.

D:\WORK\C_SHRP\del_at_will\ArduinoCPP\ArduinoCPP.csproj : error  : Unable to read the project file 'ArduinoCPP.csproj'.
    D:\WORK\C_SHRP\del_at_will\ArduinoCPP\ArduinoCPP.csproj: The project file could not be loaded. Could not find file 'D:\WORK\C_SHRP\del_at_will\ArduinoCPP\ArduinoCPP.csproj'.

Thanks
  • I manage to get it working with custom Mission Planner. Problem lies with the waiting time needed by mission planner before sending 3 new line command. Mission Planner 1.1.40 wait for 2 seconds before sending 3 new line command. I guess 2 seconds is not enough for APM2 to boot up and ready to accept command.

I increase the waiting time become 4 seconds and it works.

• Developer

do you have a gps attached? i dont see that in the log window

Issue posted > See here, please add confirmation comment if you have the same problem

•   I am facing exactly the same problem. Cannot download logs. CLI otherwise is working fine. Guys let me know once you know what the issue is.

Thanks

Exactly the same on different PC with different cable (Also Win XP)

This reply was deleted.

Activity