Compilation Issues with Arduino 022 or 023?

I wanted to make a minor change to uncomment WITH_NMEA_MODE, run a GPS test in Mission Planner for Venus GPS (didn't get that far).  I got compiler warnings with both 2.27 and 2.28 using both 022 and 023 before making any code changes.  All 4 versions of the executable were uploaded successfully and APM 1 navigates in each case.  However, when using mission planner 1.1.30 or 1.1.18 I get jibberish when selecting the test tab.  When I upload 2.28 using mission planner the test tab works fine.  Compilation errors:

ArduPlane.cpp.o: In function `test_imu': C:\Users\ANNBOX~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1155276265180786879.tmp/ArduPlane.cpp:8473: warning: internal error: out of range error C:\Users\ANNBOX~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1155276265180786879.tmp/ArduPlane.cpp:8473: warning: internal error: out of range error ArduPlane.cpp.o: In function `test_mag': C:\Users\ANNBOX~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1155276265180786879.tmp/ArduPlane.cpp:8536: warning: internal error: out of range error C:\Users\ANNBOX~1\AppData\Local\Temp\build1155276265180786879.tmp/ArduPlane.cpp:8536: warning: internal error: out of range error FastSerial\FastSerial.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTV10FastSerial+0x6): warning: internal error: out of range error FastSerial\FastSerial.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTV10FastSerial+0x8): warning: internal error: out of range error AP_GPS\AP_GPS_Auto.cpp.o: In function `AP_GPS_Auto::init()': C:\Users\Ann Box\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AP_GPS/AP_GPS_Auto.cpp:40: warning: internal error: out of range error C:\Users\Ann Box\Documents\Arduino\libraries\AP_GPS/AP_GPS_Auto.cpp:40: warning: internal error: out of range error AP_RangeFinder\AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTV25AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL+0x4): warning: internal error: out of range error AP_RangeFinder\AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTV25AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL+0x6): warning: internal error: out of range error AP_RangeFinder\AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL.cpp.o:(.rodata._ZTV25AP_RangeFinder_MaxsonarXL+0x8): warning: internal error: out of range error Binary sketch size: 144154 bytes (of a 258048 byte maximum 

I have successfully used 022 in the past without compilation errors and have followed the recommended directory structure and have set the sketch directory.

Suggestions?

I can execute the test using the planner upload, but I suspect that I need the code change that I mentioned to utilize NMEA.

Thanks in advance,

Larry 

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• OK Solved after re-reading the Wiki.  Posting this in case it helps anyone. I was using 022 and compiling successfully using older versions of the code.  022-relax version of Arduino is available on the download page.  This solves the APM sketch size issue described in the Wiki.  Planner works fine as does the GPS test.

This reply was deleted.

Activity