I recently purchase a Arducopter frame kit with motor esc. I have a previous board that was working well on 2.0.35 but the frame had been damaged so i moved it to the Arducopter frame.
- APM hardware has no damage what so ever (physically)
- Had issues loading firmware so I updated my mission planner to the latest and tried to load 2.0.37
- everything went well include calibration radio/level/esc
- When i tried to fly it was leaning in one direction, first was forward so I throttle down to check for alignment frame motor esc. Tried again but this time to the left side, I countered with stick but as soon as I let go of the stick it when down on left side breaking the blade
- Checked the logs and there was only one log but is 4meg. All my previous flights it would only be around 100-200kb range file for 1-2min flight not sure why its just one single log. Also it showed mode loiter but I know my mode was stabilized. rechecked on cli and mission planner and shows stabilized.
- decided to go home and load 2.0.36 via arduino, everything when smooth including calibration (serial monitor)
- I noticed that since from the start I was having issues connecting to Mission planner randomly and somethings I have to go cli mode then switch back again and try on the mission planner to connect.
- Another weird issue is that when I was trying to test for vibration issues with motor (no prop) and connect usb to mission planner to see raw sensor logs i could connect for some reason and clicked connected again but the motor 1 (Quad_X frame) sparked and came out with smoke.
Could the random connectivity issue with mission planner indicates issues on the IMU/Oilpan or maybe the aTMega2650? I isolated just the APM hardware with sensors and tried it on both CLI test and mission planner and everything checks out no weird sensor readings even the compass has a bit locked heading. This board has been running well on FYETECH frame but I faced all sorts of issues with the Arducopter frame and was just hoping that there is a way to really checked for a damaged hardware.
Any suggestions, I have 2 more set of APM but I dont want to give up on this one as it was my first board and had good runs with it.