DJI s900 + Pixhawk. 1 Motor not spinning as fast

Greetings fellow drone enthusiasts.

I'm having an issue with a DJI s900 and Pixhawk combo whereby one more doesn't seem to be spinning as fast as the others.

I've taken the propellers off and I can see there is an RPM difference with the motors, just visually. 

Previously I had 2 motors not running at all during idle/arming and it wasn't until I increased the throttle that they would kick in. I increased the Mot_spin_armed and that seemed to get all motors spinning, but i'm still not convinced that this is working right. 

(http://peterwedege.blogspot.com/2015/12/dji-s900-with-3dr-pixhawk-initial.html)

Any help would be much appreciated!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Have you calibrated the ESC's?

Peter

• Hey Peter,

Thanks for the reply...

I tried to do the calibration, but it doesn't seem to complete the process... According to Pixhawk the ESC's should d the following...

The ESCs should then emit a long tone indicating that the minimum throttle has been captured and the calibration is complete.
      If the long tone indicating successful calibration was heard, the ESCs are “live” now and if you raise the throttle a bit they should spin. Test that the motors spin by raising the throttle a bit and then lowering it again.

However I don't hear that.. I mean the pixhawk goes into it's flashing blue and red, then I arm the copter and all I hear are a continues long tone from the pixhawk and nothing happens..

I was reading that the DJI ESC's don't support calibration ?

This reply was deleted.

Activity