does it possible to have a mission planer on android phone and use 3drradio???

now that almost everything is good on apm 2.5 i think it will be perfect to have an option to use android phone screen to have mission planner for example

do you know if there will be this kind of option?

Views: 3301

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can also try some clonesc of copter-gcs project. http://code.google.com/p/copter-gcs/source/clones

xcl0100-copter-gcs look like work ok via bluetooth.

Currently I'm going to buy some tab (maybe Nexus 7) with USB host support and try to use OTG cable for 3DR radio clone.

I hope it will work. If not anyway I can use BT bridge.

I just picked up a Nexus 10 (Finally back in stock) but I have to wonder how the MP will look on its 2560x1600 resolution.  I still think a native app is the way to go though...Nothing good ever comes from adding links to wireless chain.

but Nexus 10 doesn't support USB OTG, so you have to use it with laptop 

Ubuntu looks like the best bet as far asactually running the mission planner on your phone, on a slight tangent, I wonder if it would be possible to have a wireless router on a helicopter set up as an access point to then stream video back to the groundstation. along with whatever else you want?? Pi maybe?

There is a product out there that does this well called the "Cube" from Taradeck in CA:

http://www.teradek.com/pages/cube

At almost $2k it's a bit more then I would like to spend. Ive been playing with my new GoPro and it's Android app that allows it to stream video via WiFi. Although it's range is and delay make it impractical to fly a quad on, However I have been looking at the new Verizon LTE Mobile Hotspot's, and it is small enough to easily fit in a bixler.

As far as getting the MP on a tablet, I had planned on buying the MS Surface just for this purpose, but sadly windows RT doesn't allow for outside apps. The new Surface that's coming out sometime this year will have a full fledged version of windows 8, with 1080 resolution and a core I5 processor. And while not exactly as nice or as light as my nexus 10, it would still be an asset in the field.....Perhaps with the same kind of neck strap that we use for our transmitters. Dell is also offering a tablet now that will do the trick, although it doesn't have the power that the new Surface will have.(not that it's needed)

Hi Will,

i am testing a " Telemetry over 3G / Video over 3G ( IP / TCP ) with android " setup.  For Video i used an android mobile and the android app "IP Webcam" and connect with firefox (and the java plugin or browser-buildin of IP Webcam). I was surprised, that the delay was better than expected. So i am very interested, if the latency of LTE is also better.

... best .cjg

I also had set up an openvpn network using a 3G/android for her (field), 3G/linux for vpn server (at home) and 3G/windows for ground station (field), but the latency was crazy ...

... MS Surface: I would prefer a android-tablet solution for MP, but for MS Surface there is a jailbreak out (since a few days), so you could install outside apps now ...

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service