Dorji DRF4431F27

Just purchased a set of these modules off of ebay for cheap.  Starting to delve into setting up my own means of communication.  Been using xbees', but I want to learn how to configure other low  cost modules to the APM2.   .   Wandering if anyone has attempted to set these up on any projects yet, maybe give me a heads up for what I'm getting into.  Already have a decent idea, and I have help, but it is my first time.  

3690944240?profile=original

3690944464?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• This module only has the chip radio, not the Si100X MCU+radio.  It has good specs, but they really should be more clear in the description about how much it takes to get this working.

You will need a microcontroller to interface with the radio.  The APM does not have enough processing power to properly run this radio, and you'd have to do a lot of programming to get it running in any case.  This is not a ready to go module.

If you want to invest the time to get this working check out the openLRS project at...

http://blog.flytron.com/category/openlrs-project

Otherwise maybe you can give or sell it to one of the people there.

If you want the best radio option with no work then get one of the 3DR radios.  If you're wanting to do some electronics work with a module then check out the HopeRF modules that the 3DR radios are based on.  They use the Si100X chip which is the chip radio in your modules plus an integrated microcontroller.

This reply was deleted.

Activity