Dronadoon 2017 - Major Event

I am relatively new to the drone community - an enthusiast who is just getting caught up what is happening with drone technology at the personal level.  But, I have been long involved in event planning and travel so I thought I could contribute in other ways.

I am proposing an event I call Dronadoon - a large scale event to be held (tentatively) in June of 2017.  My team have put up a new website at www.Dronadoon.com where we have put some ideas forward.  But, as you can see, nothing (including the dates of the event) are fixed in stone.

The proposed major event would be a team based contest based on aerial dogfights (laser targeted), between "Drone Nations" - as well as individual contests and challenges around design, speed, agility, image capture, payload capacity etc - all organized around agreed sizes and classes of Drones.

There is no way this event can take place without a thorough discussion within the community of personal drone owners/enthusiasts about how Dronadoon can be done - and done right.

This is the first "public" introduction of the idea...which I hope raises a lot of excited interest (of the positive kind!).

I am eager to hear feedback from DIY Drones members.

All the best

Vian Andrews

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Activity