like to talk about the changes that are going on in the industry 

how it can be a big road block to business and innovation. seems like the general 

public do not understand the technology, there is still little or no practical safety being 

practiced by new owners! I agree with 90% of what they are saying here but licencing and ban if

your a law barker is also a bit right wing in my opinion ! there is no real reason for this harsh treatment 

towards this technology. 

Views: 1152

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Common cence agen Non here any where ! Makes more cence to mandate a parashoot than this Rubish transponder for under 50lb. There will be drone sworms in future, you will need a transponder for each drone not practical solution!

I think no one is taking the time to learn about ADS-B I am keep referring to.

ADS-B is NOT a transponder solution. Its just a receiver so NO it will NOT be sending out its co-ordinates to local radars.

it is PIXHAWK compatible. all it does if notices a manned aircraft equipped with transponder, it makes the drone or RC plane to get out of the way automatically if the drone or plane path are on collision course with a manned aircraft. It can receives incoming planes data 10 miles in advance.

It Weighs 5 GRAMS.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-ads-b-receiver.html

Also I am suggesting if someone wants to fly over 500 ft height (getting close to Class G air space) limit than make this technology mandatory. I hope this clarifies my point.

My concern is very simple. So far drones have not done any major damage yet, but the day it causes human casualties, the entire hobby will be shut down next day and we are all screwed. 

turdsurfer said:

@iSkyMaster 
Any technology that adds to safety such as ADS-B is fine as long as it's not overly restrictive in terms of cost, power, or dependencies on other equipment. Using ADS-B on a light RC glider, Mini Skywalker, or mini-quad would be ridiculous for example and offer little to no added value in terms of safety. Also such technology should cause more harm than good if it saturates the radar operator's screen with too many uninteresting blips (unless they can be filtered out by A/C type etc).
P.S. I didn't write that article, I only commented on it.

Well if we are going to share the air space above 500fr yes something similar may be amicable. But
Design sounds flawed already ! Taking controll over someone's property , opens it up to be compromised making this solution even more dangerous. Must find a more passive solution ! Considering 20k minimum on the line for a drone that can fly for any length of time In The air.

iSkyMaster said:

I think no one is taking the time to learn about ADS-B I am keep referring to.

ADS-B is NOT a transponder solution. Its just a receiver so NO it will NOT be sending out its co-ordinates to local radars.

it is PIXHAWK compatible. all it does if notices a manned aircraft equipped with transponder, it makes the drone or RC plane to get out of the way automatically if the drone or plane path are on collision course with a manned aircraft. It can receives incoming planes data 10 miles in advance.

It Weighs 5 GRAMS.

http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-ads-b-receiver.html

Also I am suggesting if someone wants to fly over 500 ft height (getting close to Class G air space) limit than make this technology mandatory. I hope this clarifies my point.

My concern is very simple. So far drones have not done any major damage yet, but the day it causes human casualties, the entire hobby will be shut down next day and we are all screwed. 

turdsurfer said:

@iSkyMaster 
Any technology that adds to safety such as ADS-B is fine as long as it's not overly restrictive in terms of cost, power, or dependencies on other equipment. Using ADS-B on a light RC glider, Mini Skywalker, or mini-quad would be ridiculous for example and offer little to no added value in terms of safety. Also such technology should cause more harm than good if it saturates the radar operator's screen with too many uninteresting blips (unless they can be filtered out by A/C type etc).
P.S. I didn't write that article, I only commented on it.

Drone Laws can be frustrating sometimes, but at the end of the day it's about making sure people are flying drones safely and with the right intentions. A drone can seem harmless at first glance, but put it in the wrong hands or make a mistake and it can become a weapon. Yes, it means less drone businesses and "fun", but it's hard to argue with the government. Let's just see how this plays out because Drones have so much potential to do great things, even beyond just taking great pictures!

-Rezan

ABJ Drones

Its not hard to argue with the Govt. if we present proper facts and they will listen and they are listening to AMA, companies like us who are fighting this battle with FAA.

What I find frustrating is that people who have no knowledge of avionics, or lack common sense (calling safety technologies Rubbish), are flying drones all over the place. Because of such flyers, the iron feet came down on all, and now its uphill battle with FAA to ease the pressure off responsible flyer.

Here is kid flying high in the sky and proud of it. See comments from Pilots. They are all scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfxdeRx2fLA

ABJ Drones said:

Drone Laws can be frustrating sometimes, but at the end of the day it's about making sure people are flying drones safely and with the right intentions. A drone can seem harmless at first glance, but put it in the wrong hands or make a mistake and it can become a weapon. Yes, it means less drone businesses and "fun", but it's hard to argue with the government. Let's just see how this plays out because Drones have so much potential to do great things, even beyond just taking great pictures!

-Rezan

ABJ Drones

Sorry the AMA is a joke! they shoot them self in the foot going along with registration .   

I think your being affected by propaganda in the media that is far form reality! the fact is that these people have a agenda,  to moneyed interest and a responsibility to pilots ! Now using Safety to push rules to slow growth of market but common cence says safety can only be achieved by education, knowing what is acceptable risk ! laying down shutting up is what they want you to do! you can wait around for the change or you can be the change in this world! fact is that DRONES are taking jobs away from pilots that what there are afraid of ! We have car accidents, maned aviation accidents, boat accidents hundreds per year NO DRONE ACCIDENTS.. so what is the issue ? why do we need to mandate unnecessary hardware ADS-B to make some one rich.. Yes drones are a awesome weapons platform so is a car , that is an issue with the individual not the tool.. Proper thing to do with that kid is to reach out to him as a responsible pilot explain why it is not a good idea to do what he is doing.    

iSkyMaster said:

Its not hard to argue with the Govt. if we present proper facts and they will listen and they are listening to AMA, companies like us who are fighting this battle with FAA.

What I find frustrating is that people who have no knowledge of avionics, or lack common sense (calling safety technologies Rubbish), are flying drones all over the place. Because of such flyers, the iron feet came down on all, and now its uphill battle with FAA to ease the pressure off responsible flyer.

Here is kid flying high in the sky and proud of it. See comments from Pilots. They are all scared.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GfxdeRx2fLA

ABJ Drones said:

-Rezan

ABJ Drones

I seriously question your own knowledge level about RC hobby and avionics. if it wasn't for AMA, the entire drone industry would have been shut down by FAA. It was AMA, private lawyers (happens to be RC pilots) and many individuals with deep pockets fought the battle with AMA and came to a compromise. I guess you didn't read the news I posted on your blog. Drone registration is not required anymore.

When you fly under AMA, you and other people personal property is insured for body injury, damage to the property if it happens and you become a member of large community for $49 dollars a year if you are an adult or $25 dollars for a minor, for a WHOLE YEAR. The insurance coverage is $1,000,000 dollars. You receive monthly RC magazine as well which is full of knowledge and information.

Do you know what it cost to get a personal coverage for $1,000,000 dollars if you go privately to a insurance company? Probably not. It will cost you minimum of $2,500 to $3,500 dollars a year and most likely the insurance company will not insure you because you are not licensed. Its called General Liability insurance. It is mandatory by law to operate anything inside a public property.

By law, and this law has been around for over 15+ years (before drones ever became a reality), when you drive a vehicle, fly a plane, dig a hole, do trench, put up a pole or do anything on a PUBLIC property (NOT GOVT property) you have to have insurance. All PUBLIC parks, beaches, oceans are public property. The insurance is not benefiting the GOVT. its to protect the public.

If the kid in the Youtube video was part of AMA, he would haven been educated, because the local chapter of AMA and flying club would have educated him, plus he could have fly his drone at flying field rather from his backyard. 

How Drones are taking jobs away from pilots? please explain.

And why you keep saying no drone accidents? Your arrogance towards drone safety is scary, and that's why there should be rules regulations for drone flying.

I posted this link as one example before to educate you, it doesn't seem to be working. 

Toddler's eyeball sliced in half by drone propeller

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-34936739

I am not arrogant towards drone safety! putting a number on your craft is not safety. number is Just to find you if need be!

that another fake news story!!!! please stop just stop quoting fake news from BBC, CBC & CNN! fact check the news story before you quote them! Your not listening to what i am saying .. news is used to portray a unsafe Drone operations by people like you & me.. please find a real story of a drone  hitting a plane military or othewise ? do not exist !!! just please realize what going on!

iSkyMaster said:

And why you keep saying no drone accidents? Your arrogance towards drone safety is scary, and that's why there should be rules regulations for drone flying.

I posted this link as one example before to educate you, it doesn't seem to be working. 

Toddler's eyeball sliced in half by drone propeller

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-hereford-worcester-34936739

Educating you is a lost battle, as you seem to know everything.

You always dodge main questions, never provide any answers or facts. If you are looking to just rant, than I don't have time for that.

Why this BBS news is a fake? based on what facts its a fake? provide facts.

You still didn't answer the following questions so far:

1. How drones taking away jobs from pilots?

2. If you are not going to join AMA, can you please post your general Liability insurance card on this blog so we can see that you are a responsible RC flyer and adhere to local public safety laws?

3. Why you have a problem Drone having a registration number, where all manned aircraft have a registration number?

4. You want to fly in G class space but want to fly with no registration number. Why you should you be exempt?

5. By law you can not put a video TX over 1W unless you have a Ham radio license. Do you have one? if your answer is no, and your reasoning is I don't fly that far, well you are flying outside of line of sight after X distance so than how do you assure the following:

a) Your low cost $20 dollar Video TX and camera will still give you the field of vision back to the ground?

b) How your RC plane or Drone will know there are other aircraft in the sky while flying out of sight? (You don't like ADS-B idea)

c) How current low cost Telemetry, GPS fail safe technology provides information back to the ground (while doing long haul) in comparison to thousands and thousands of dollars of well tested (approved) avionics equipment that have been around for years?

Lets see if you can answer these 5 questions than I will give you another long list afterwards.

That Fake drone story was mentioned in the videos on the post aledey and more on YouTube about what really happened! Stop using political propaganda as fact it is not. I do or have to prove any thing to you Sorry. Registration number thing is mute but class G is for every one including kites, prasale, balloons so why don't they need a number?
Jobs : crop dusting , Servay, cargo; Did you know you can turn a full sized air craft in to Drone ! Not all about toys. you do not understand the law , A law you can not enforce is worthless!

iSkyMaster said:

Educating you is a lost battle, as you seem to know everything.

You always dodge main questions, never provide any answers or facts. If you are looking to just rant, than I don't have time for that.

Why this BBS news is a fake? based on what facts its a fake? provide facts.

You still didn't answer the following questions so far:

1. How drones taking away jobs from pilots?

2. If you are not going to join AMA, can you please post your general Liability insurance card on this blog so we can see that you are a responsible RC flyer and adhere to local public safety laws?

3. Why you have a problem Drone having a registration number, where all manned aircraft have a registration number?

4. You want to fly in G class space but want to fly with no registration number. Why you should you be exempt?

5. By law you can not put a video TX over 1W unless you have a Ham radio license. Do you have one? if your answer is no, and your reasoning is I don't fly that far, well you are flying outside of line of sight after X distance so than how do you assure the following:

a) Your low cost $20 dollar Video TX and camera will still give you the field of vision back to the ground?

b) How your RC plane or Drone will know there are other aircraft in the sky while flying out of sight? (You don't like ADS-B idea)

c) How current low cost Telemetry, GPS fail safe technology provides information back to the ground (while doing long haul) in comparison to thousands and thousands of dollars of well tested (approved) avionics equipment that have been around for years?

Lets see if you can answer these 5 questions than I will give you another long list afterwards.

I have filed a complaint on BBC news web site based on your claim this is fake news of child losing an eye. Copy enclosed.

Lets see what BBC has to say about your claim. They might join this discussion will post a comment or will send me an email as I asked for response. If I get a response, I will post their response as is here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Groups

Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service