Failsafe APM 2.6 / 9XR TX / R710 RX - need help !

Hi,

I'm currently trying to configure throttle failsafe RTH on my 3DR APM 2.6 and I have some trouble to understand how it work and how I can achieve it

There are points that I understand but not have guideline to be able to setup a valid failsafe :

- my receiver have failsafe feature , there is 2 kinds of failsafe on it : SmartSafe and preset failsafe.
As I understand SmartSafe is the best way for a Throttle failsafe and the simple one. I just need to put the bind jumper on the receiver, turn on the TX , bind it and remove the bind jumper from the receiver. There is a sample of the manual :

SmartSafe
This type of failsafe is recommended for most types of aircraft. Here’s how SmartSafe works.
When the transmitter and receiver are turned on the receiver connects to the transmitter and normal
control of all channels occurs. If loss of signal occurs, SmartSafe drives the throttle servo only to its
preset failsafe position (low throttle) that was set during binding. All other channels hold their last
position. When the signal is regained, the system immediately regains control.

Preset Fail Safe Mode: Insert bind plug and power on receiver,LED flashes, remove the bind
plug form the port immediately, LED still blinks slowly as binding is not completed,yet. Set the
radio channels to your desired position in the event of a signal loss (failsafe) situation. Power on
Tx to complete the binding process. You will now have Preset Fail Safe mode set up. Which
means after loss of signal, all channels will return to your preset positions as set when binding.

- my TX , a 9XR Turnigy , as I see on youtube , possibly there is some settings to setup on the Throttle channel but not really sure and I also see on page 10 a safety switch but not sure it's usefull or not.

- the 3DR APM , I read [url]http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/throttle-failsafe/[/url] and I understand that to have a functionnal failsafe I need to setup a threshold PWM signal under the PWM throttle signal when the TX is up and configure correctly the Failsafe option under Mission Planner to trigger a RTH when Throttle Failsafe is active.

When I try to setup , I shutdown my TX and PWM on throttle channel remain the same as my throttle channel is down and not a low PWM value so for me it's not OK .

There is some detail of my setup actually :

There is my failsafe menu on Mission Planner , as you see the minimum thresold and the associate trigger for the failsafe , a RTH

u7x9.png

There is the PWM value on my throttle channel after shutdown the TX, finaly the same as the TX up

4dka.png

I really need some help / guideline to follow to be able to setup correctly my failsafe, it's my prerequisis to begin FPV.

Thanks a lot for your time and support !

Jeremy

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity