UAV/quadcopter newb here. Although not a (complete) RC/microprocessor/programming newb.
Anyways, finally got all the parts needed and started assembling my arducopter this week, decided to go through all the motors and ESCs (to check and program them before assembly) and on the very last ESC i've hooked up to the receiver i got this:
The hiccups are at about 25% throttle. The jerky transition is at 50%. The fluctuations are at 75-100%. I'm pretty sure the issue is with the jDrones ESC, because:
1) i've tried other motors - same deal
2) i've tried this and other motors on other ESCs - works just fine
3) i've tried resetting it, as well as different timings - same deal
3) the ESC in question is practically soldered directly to the battery power - it's the closest one to the batt. wires on the PDB.
Will try resoldering the bullet connectors on the ESC as a last resort, although they seem solid enough and jiggling them about or pressing them doesn't create any changes in the motor behaviour.
And just as i was about to finally assemble the frame... *sigh*