We're moving to a new documentation platform and this is your opportunity to give us feedback and help. There has been a huge amount of work going on behind the scenes on these over the past three months, including the 30 volunteers working within the Documentation User Group. It's now time to include the full community.

You can see a glimpse of the team's work in the betas of the new ArduPlaneArduCopter and ArduRover sites. Click on the "Instructions" tab to see what the new manuals will look like. 

Right now most of the work has been in creating new graphics and design elements to make the manuals easier to read and use, with some work on simplifying and updating the content. But because they're based on a Wiki-plugin for WordPress, it's also a much more powerful and flexible collaboration environment than the current Google Code wiki for community participation, and we can now take this opportunity to update and improve every page of the manual. 

Just a reminder that these sites are still in beta, and we won't be steering users to them until the documentation team has had an opportunity to scrub every page. We'll continue to maintain the Google Code wikis for legacy purposes, but the new sites are designed to reflect the model we'll be moving to in the future. 

Please give us feedback in this thread. If you'd like to participate, please join the Documentation User Group linked above. 

Views: 6239

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Isn't there an automatic way to create a TOC. A tree view of all the pages is really useful, but to manually edit it would be a pain.

Lot's of great feedback here. As Paul just mentioned, it's all starting to get buried in this long thread.

I encourage everyone interested in this work to register over at the new forum and start participating in this effort over there. It's a blank slate waiting for our inputs.

God I started with single channel and galloping ghost was a great step up from the old rubber band wound escapements.

On this APM and PX4 stuff though you have a very very high preponderance of 2.4ghz.

I'm 67 I gave all my old low frequency stuff to the thrift shop.

(Except my Heathkit which I keep for Nostalgia)

First batch of PX4 stuff now up on New Wiki.

Gary, glad you didn't loose anything.

I'm happy you hung in there through all the hassles getting into the WP user!

Thanks for all this work, I hope you aren't neglecting your flying!

I have a question regarding the X8 Quad configuration, I've seen the questions posted before but no real definitive answer as to whether I can swap out an XAircraft controller with a new APM 2.5+.  The old manual shows X8 Quad pictured but no Icon in the mission planner when you go to grab the firmware.  See pics below-

Well, the problem is, we don't have enough manpower to manage that sort of thing.  Generally we don't spin off "branches" for each new feature release.  There is just one "trunk".  All new work goes into that, bug fixes, and feature additions.

Maybe if we had more developers we could do more.

There was still some way to judge this in the past.  A release like 2.7.0 would mean it is a major change, with new features.  This would normally be followed up with 2.7.1, 2.7.2, etc, which typically were just bug fixes.

Right now though... 2.9.0 was a major release with inertial Alt_Hold.  2.9.1 was a bug fix, so that's fine.  But then 2.9.2 will be a major release with HAL running, as well as inertial navigation in all 3 axes.  And then we have 2.9.1b sliding in which is a bug fix for 2.9.1.

I was hoping to be able to do a 2.9.2, or .3 release, which would have been special release with some improvements on 2.9.1 for TradHeli only.  But that doesn't make sense anymore with the current numbering system.  So I guess what I'm working on now will have to wait until sometime well after 2.9.2 comes out.  Because it will take quite a while for me to roll my improvements up into something that can fit with the new HAL code.

I think it's what Michael Oborne calls the Octa Quad in Mission Planner.

Should be same thing.

Hi there

If you are working on new manuals, are you also including new frequencies?

If so, I found the official frequency plan for Switzerland as PDF. There are some differences, ex the 433mhz Band you can use 1mW on some frequencies, but up to 2.5W on others (depending on duty cycle).

http://www.bakom.admin.ch/themen/frequenzen/00652/00653/index.html?...

source:

http://www.bakom.admin.ch/themen/frequenzen/00652/00653/index.html?...

Thanks, I got that from the pic above but there is no Octa Quad in the fimware portion of the mission planner unless I just choose the regular octacopter and connect like the diagram above?

Thanks for the input, anyone else built a octo quad?

You may not have the latest version of Mission Planner, Note top right Item.

OK great.  I'm at 1.2.36 so I'll have to update.  Thanks!

This is important info to get in there. Thanks Andreas!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service