Fly at fixed distance from walking person

Hi,

Perhaps someone can give me an idea if this would be at all feasible. I would like to film someone who is walking. The arducopter is flying in front of the person, automatically keeping a set distance. Then through a wireless command the arducopter is uncoupled and keeps flying even if the person stops walking.

If this would be possible using a DSLR it would be truly amazing!

I am not asking for ready made solutions, just some idea if this would be at all doable.

Thanks,

Guustaaf

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi Chris,

is there already a date for releasing the Pocket Ground Station and will there be an option to let the copter fly X meters in front / beside / behind the moving station? And can these parameters be tuned in flight? Would be great!

• I enjoyed the music.

• 3D Robotics

Yes, it's actually not that hard. The "dynamic waypoint" feature is already built into ArduCopter, and just needs a Python script on the ground to drive it via the Mission Planner. The Mikrokopter developers have been showing a similar feature for a while (see video), and later this year we're going to be releasing a wireless groundstation with GPS that you carry in your pocket that does the same thing with ArduCopter. 

MikroKopter - Follow Me from Holger Buss on Vimeo.

This reply was deleted.

Activity