O.K the problem I am having is once I have downloaded logs for use in google earth the - is missing from longtitude so instead of -0.2244xxx it reads 0.2244xxx and puts it out by about 20 miles.
Everthing is o.k in mission planner but as soon as mission planner converts the log for use in google earth the above problem is present?
can you post your log file?
Here you go Michael, I have also put in there a first person kml or kmz, of the same flight and when played back through google earth, it makes you dizzy spinning aroung and upside down... I am using a Tricopter and flying sedately..
The above problem is present in the logs also? so the problem is either in downloading the logs to mission planner, which I think is more likely as the waypoints seem to work o.k and have the correct data. or the onboard logging of gps
do you records telemetry logs as well? just to compare against?
Not really sure how that works? I have no remote serial link only the usb to laptop. Unless it records to Tlog and Rlog? are those the files you mean? I dont know how they work? I cant play them back via mission planner? here are a couple if they help?
Anybody? am I the only one with this problem?
Ok, Michael Oborne ping'd me on this and I'll have a look at it and figure out what's happened. sorry!
Have a look at issue 623, think the source of the problem may have been found? Issue 623
Right I have managed to play back my Tlog files ( The Mavlink must be disconnected ) and although what I was actually doing and what is played back in the Tlog is totally different, I am in the right area that shows up in flight data. So maybe the problem is in the conversion of Tlog to KMZ?
O.K here is the Tlog file that when played back in Mission Planner is in the right place and the kmz file that accompanies it..
Right just realized the Tlog to Kml conversion works, but the info from the downloaded logs is wrong.
So I have posted a Tlog file that is correct and I can confirm that usin mission planner to convert to KML is also correct.
But the log download files from flying in the same place that I have posted one of also is missing the negative sign from the longtitude and placing me in the wrong place.
Sorry for confusing anyone but it has been confusing me and now I can see where the problem lies:)
It's very clear where the problem is actually. The lon or lat values are very large. They barely fit into a 4byte integer, they don't fit into a 4 byte float without the last digit of accuracy being occasionally chopped off.
So to get the lon or lat printed in the dataflash log I need to chop the dec and fractional parts out of the int .. and unfortunately when i do that i use a truncate function. I accidentally neglected to notice that it rounds down for both positive and negative numbers...so I need to change the code slightly to round down for positive and up for negative.
Anyway, I know it's annoying. I'll fix it soon.
Well it`s good to know that you know what is causing the problem, Good luck Randy and thanks for looking