3691175135?profile=originalHello,

We are working on a project with the HK SkyEye FPV 2000mm aircraft. As you can see in the photos, we have flown and crashed the aircraft a couple times already. We have glued the parts back together and the shape is very close to original.

I want to be a bit more cautious for this next flight. On the first flights, the battery (2200mAh) was placed in the front and was not taped down. I have seen some people suggest putting the battery back near the motor. Of course, I will tape it down this time.

The flaps are no longer operational. One broke off, and we glued it back on at the zero degree angle. We tried to keep the weight of the glue as low as possible.

The first two flights had similar results. Using full power, the aircraft really likes to shoot straight up and stall, resulting in a nosedive. The second flight lasted a few more seconds; the aircraft seemed very erratic and unresponsive to controls. We would like to attribute this to a changing weight distribution due to the moving battery/parts.

We will tape up any air gaps before flying, without changing the shape of the airframe significantly.

I do believe the plane is still airworthy. Does anybody have experience with this airplane? Truly, I could use any general advice from experienced fliers out there. What are some tips that you have for steady, controlled flight?

Notes:

Basic receiver, ESC, and transmitter being used. The prop is the same size as stock (8x6). Minimum equipment for these initial flights. Also, control surface deflection looks like enough for proper control.

body.jpg

batt.jpg

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

This reply was deleted.

Activity