How long Iris+ 3DR Robotics 5100 mAh batterty can fly

Hello,

I wonder how many minutes of flying times that those who own Iris+ with 3DR Robotics 5100mAh battery get. With fully charge I let it fly and stay at the same spot to check the duration of the battery with fail safe set battery voltage at 10.8vlts it just last for 8-9 minutes and it return to landing. I was told to set fail safe at the battery voltage 10.8vlts. I like to get more fly time and safe, what should I do. Is my battery wrong or setting to fail safe is wrong. Please let me know how many maximum minutes you gentleman got and how you did it.

Thanks

Eddie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I get about 15 minutes with gimbal and go pro. I don't use failsafes(mine is set at 10.3 but I've never hit it). I try to be on the ground before 10.5 volts with my per cell limit being 3.5 volts. Very seldom do I actually get the battery to 10.5 but every once in a while I like to test the batteries.

The discharge curve from 10.8. to 10.5 is pretty flat. Still a few minutes left after 10.8 volts.

Mine is an original Iris upgraded to Iris+ but the flight times should be the same. Same weight, props, motors etc. I am using the 3DR 5100 mah battery.

mp
    • Thanks MP.

I'm going to try at 10.3 and test it.  Do I need to discharge the battery and recharge it back. Do you know what the minim volts require to make Iris+ fly in the air. Because I just thinking the full charge of 11.5 volts of batteries just can use 1.5 volts for 8 minutes of flying. Do you think it can fly at 8,5 volts. I'm thinking to set failsafe at 8.5 at RTL.

Thank you.

Eddie

• A full charge should be 12.6 volts. I balance charge at 5 amps and the charger cuts off when the total battery voltage is 12.6 volts for 3 seconds. If you have less than 12.5 volts when you start the flight you do not have a full charge.

I would always try to avoid going below 10.5 volts. Much lower and you can start damaging the packs. I set the failsafe at 10.3 just to get it out of the way. I never go that low.

It cannot fly at 8.5. The pack would be damaged by then. If you try to fly to 8.5 volts it will fall out of the sky before you get there.

You do not need to discharge the battery. Just balance charge it to 12.6 volts or 4.2 volts per cell.

mp

• Thank You MP

I'll do like that an check it out.

Eddie

This reply was deleted.

Activity