Replies

• Developer

Hi All,

I've now released ArduPlane 2.32 with a new 'MANUAL_LEVEL' option to implement this feature. It defaults to zero, which gives the old behaviour. If you set it to 1 then it will not do accelerometer calibration on startup, and instead will use the last saved values.

Cheers, Tridge

• I agree with Andke.

Bringing a spirit level to my favourite flying spot is a bother, but using it on a damp grass/mud hill is a pain in the butt.

How about naming it :   LEVEL_MODE

Perhaps there should be more that two modes.

Where:   LEVEL_MODE = 0  NORMAL, Default (works like it does now)

LEVEL_MODE = 1  NORMAL ON POWER UP ONLY. (does not re-level when the reset button is pressed)

LEVEL_MODE = 2  STORED or FIXED or LOCKED (level calibration is done only with Mission Planner)

Maybe an R/C channel could be assigned with a parameter, say, [ LEVEL_TUNING ] for in flight trimming.

Where,  LEVEL_TUNING = 0  is disabled and any other value 1-8 or more (APM2.0) represents the R/C channel # that gets used for trimming the LEVEL value stored in the EEPROM for mode 3  or ram for mode 1 & 2. Or just make that a function that Mission Planner can adjust while in flight.

• Developer

I plan on adding this as an option for the next release (so it should be in 2.31 when it comes out). I'll probably leave the current behaviour as the default and add a EEPROM option for avoiding the level on each start. What should the option be called though?

Cheers, Tridge

This reply was deleted.

Activity