IMU 3000

Just a heads up, Invensense IMU3000 chip is now available for purchase. It's a 3-axis gyro that's designed to be paired with a digital 3-axis accelerometer, and does sensor fusion on chip, removing the need for kalman filtering on an external MCU. Outputs are, besides gyro and accelerometer readings, temperature, attitude (as a quaternion), and lineair acceleration. 

They sell a breakout board for $60 that comes with an accelerometer, so it's essentially a full IMU with handy I2C interface. I'm looking to get one but FedEx to the Netherlands isn't cheap, so if anyone is willing to share shipping costs let me know :)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hello,
    IMU3000 is a sensor fusion and contains a DMP Digital Motion Processor can calculate quaternion, rotation matrix and other complex functions independently. Unfortunately it is very complex because you use it INVENSENSE does not release specific information. Thanks to some "knowledge" I managed to get the Motion Processing Library for XMEGA (INVENSENSE original) but I need help to use them on Arduino system.
    Can you help me?
    Thanks............................
    Paul

• If anyone is interested, I'm organizing a new group buy from invensense. See http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/group-buy-from-invensensecom
  • If anyone is interested in buying things from invensense.com with us and share shipping costs we are trying to orginize a group buy.

Please contact me: fvaresano at yahoo dot it ..

I also sent a similar message on Arduino forum: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1284464786/0

Thanks,

Fabio Varesano
  • Hi,
    I'm living in France and I'm working on a sailboat autopilot. I think that this breakboard with IMU3000 is the best IMU for this price we can find at this time so if it's not to late I'm ready to share the shipping costs with you. Let me know if you are always OK.

Jean-louis
  • Hi there, I'd like to buy a couple IMU3000 and a couple of ITG-3200 .. unfortunately I can't find them anywhere in Europe.

Yes, the shipment cost is simply crazy! I live in Italy but I think it would be possible to share costs anyway. Please contact me: my mail is fvaresano at yahoo dot it.

Looking forward hearing from you.

Fabio Varesano
This reply was deleted.

Activity