Iris+ 915Mhz red blinking light, with beeping

I am new to this forum, I joined in hopes of someone helping me out.  I emailed 3DR, just waiting for a response.  I hope maybe someone can shed some light onto what this issue is.

I bought an Iris+, charged the battery, and plugged it in.  All I am getting is a flashing red light on the top and a solid red light on the back.  Followed with a beeping sound (almost like S.O.S,   . . . _ _ _ . . . )

Here is a link to a YouTube video (not mine) that is doing the same exact thing, but with no info as to why.

Any help would be great

Thank You,

Nick

https://youtu.be/ZL43uNFozYs

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Nick,

This Wiki page may help you out PX4 Sounds

The SOS sound means there is no SD Card installed. You might check to see if your SD Card is installed. If it is, then you might try reseating it.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Ok, I don't know how to edit my other post.

After listening to the audio clips, it did in fact sound like the SD Card.  So after not finding any info on where the SD Card is located.  I looked thru the top vents ontop of the Iris+ and seen PX4.  Right then and there, I knew that is where the SD Card was located.  After looking up a quick guide to remove the cover (didn't want to remove screws I didn't have to).  Took the top cover off and behold the SD Card slot.  I took out the card and reinserted it.

Nothing but a nice boot up chime.  Thank you so much, I was going crazy.  Why does the instruction manual or 3DR site have no info on this type of error.

• Admin

@Nick,

Nothing like the sweet smell of success:-)

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Ok here is a dumb question, where does the SD Card install to?  I looked around the Iris+, and can't find any spot where the SD card would fit.

• Admin

@Nick,

The SD card should be in the end of the Pixhawk opposite the servo output pins. There is a small slot in the end of the Pixhawk where the micro SD card is inserted.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

This reply was deleted.

Activity