Iris+ Converted to Fixed Wing....

So, I had an Iris+ meet the ground a bit too hard and I decided to scavenge all of the parts and build a fixed wing!So far, so good! In fact I have had just as much fun (if not more) flying the fixed-wing. The only problem I am having is with getting telemetry data out on the Iris transmitter. It is all stock right off the Iris, so it's the FrSky receiver and the D series JR module in the back of whatI am assuming is a Turnigy 9X radio.I have of course setup arduplane instead of copter but the telemetry screen on the radio seems to not be reporting the correct flight modes as I switch them. I know they are going to the intended flight modes because I can see it on Mission Planner, but if I am in 'Manual' for example, the radio shows that I am in 'Stabilize'. If I switch to 'Circle' it says 'Acro' on the radio and when I am in 'FBWA' it says 'Loiter'.So my question is whether the radio is somehow mapped or hard-coded for Copter only modes? Anyone know what I can do to get the correct telemetry reading out on the radio?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Any suggestions? I have looked into this via the 9X menus but didn't make any progress. I need advice from the experts now I think!
This reply was deleted.

Activity