IRIS+ System Error

My IRIS+ had an issue where the motors got "saturated" and fell out of the sky.  I sent it back to 3DRoboctics and they "fixed the issue".  They replaced all the motors.  I get 15 okay flights out of it and start getting a system error.  Now the IRIS+ wont arm.  I waited for 2 hours and all I got was a system error yellow blinking light.  I've contacted 3DR help and they can't solve the issue.  I've done everything they've asked and nothing worked.  I was able to re-bind the transmitter, then I did a radio calibration, ESC calibration, Compass calibration, and an, Accelerometer calibration.

here is my flight procedure:

-Place your IRIS+ on a level surface and plug the battery door, close the battery door after 20 secs.
-Make sure that all the switches on the controller are facing away from you and turn on the controller.
-Press and hold the safety switch button on the top of the IRIS+ until it turns solid red.
-Wait until the GPS light starts flashing green(the light never turned green, it just gave me a "system error)
-Try to arm it.

For the two years that I've had my IRIS+....I've probably flew it 28-30 times...I will never do 3DR Again.

But since I have this JUNK anyway...Can anyone help me fix it?

I can't get Version 3.2.1, I can only get APM Copter V3.4.5 Quad from mission planner. 3DR said no to V3.4.5.  So...what do I do?

Thanks, Luke.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I am across the lake from you and I purchased my first copter from 3DR when they first came out with the IRIS.  I was looking to get into a copter and wanted something I could play with beyond just flying it around.  It was one of the best decision I made.  It allowed me the option to learn how they work and to play with the workings of the software as it's open source.

There are many reason why the unit will not arm.  One is that fencing is turned on and you are not getting a good GPS signal that will allow it to arm as it does not know where it is.  The best solution is to see what the GCS (Mission Planner or Tower) says about the state of the copter.  It should have red letter coming across the HUD that say what its waiting for.

Since all the calibration worked the unit must be in a good working condition.

• Thanks for the info, I'll try that.

Marc Dornan said:

I suggest that you do load up the latest firmware through MP, run through calibrations in the Arducopter Wiki and use the Arducopter forums. http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/arducopter. There should be no issue about getting your bird in the air (as long as you have no show-stopping hardware fault).

• This is an Open Source machine. I suggest that you take your issue to Arducopter discussion forums. This should be an easily solvable issue. You will need to connect to Mission Planner and post screen shots of the error messages. Quite why 3DR would tell you not to use the latest release of Arducopter is beyond me - they do not have much in the way of technical employees supporting Ardupilot anymore. I suggest that you do load up the latest firmware through MP, run through calibrations in the Arducopter Wiki and use the Arducopter forums. http://discuss.ardupilot.org/c/arducopter. There should be no issue about getting your bird in the air (as long as you have no show-stopping hardware fault).

This reply was deleted.

Activity