Log Files Missing and Tuning

Hi

Flew a rather sucessfull mission this weekend, need some more tuning tho. I have a few questuions :

1. I have the t-logs, that are saved automatically, but wanted to download the APM log as well. When I connect, there are NO logs. When I do a Dump 0 , there are no logs to download., any Idea whats up with this? (Had this problem before)

2. I am busy tuning the NAV-ROLL Pid settings ONLY. Picture 2 waypoints placed 1000m apart. The plane is flying from WP1 to WP2.

Stock Pid values gave me a pronounced s-shaped track, imagine a high frequency sine wave.

I altered the values to :

P : 0.2

I 0.02

D 0.5

and now I am getting a much better track, but still a sine wave flight pattern between the waypoints, albeit a "low frequency" sine wave this time.

Any Suggestions on better PID values?

I can post my t-log files if that will help. anyone out ther with a +- 3m wingspan plane that can send me their config file??

3. Please PLEASE PLEASE Jason can we have a dynamic tune function in arduPLANE too (if it is not there allready)

Thannx!

Wessie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Wessoe,

Take a look at: "quest-for-the-perfect-flight-path" .

Check your Xtrack gain value.  Older versions of APM firmware and Mission planner divided the value by 100.

They don't now so the old value of 150 is way too high.

My Telemaster PIDs are in that thread.

I found that snaking or 'sine wave' flight paths can be the result of too high an Xtrack gain.  The newer versions of APM and Mission Planner accept a value between 0 and 10.  It was 0 to 100.

This reply was deleted.

Activity