There is some great news. The new owners of Lentsika have informed me that the new version of the product is now ready for sale.
I have had the opportunity to demo the software and there are some great improvements over the older version.
- These include but are not limited to:
- The ability to “zoom” large maps
- Support for absolute coordinates (previous version only had relative) You can now plan your flights and change the take off point in the field without it effecting the flight grid.
- The ability to have a “Via” waypoint which the plane flies to before entering the grid.
- The ability to set a landing location different from the take off location.
All in all the new software is a great tool and definitely an improvement over flight planning using Horizon alone. I have also been told that this is just the start and we can look forward to some post flight image analysis features in the future as well as some additional functionality in the flight planning mode.
Bottom line in my opinion it is well worth the money.