The planner has come a long way in the past year or so and I greatly appreciate all the work that the developers have put into the project. I would like to make a few minor suggestions that I feel would go along way to improving the usability even further:
- Each time I click on the "Configuration" icon, it starts at the first Radio calibration section, it would nice if it automatically took me to the last section I was on (usually the PID or Param section).
- The altitude warning is great, but could it be disabled if the plane isn't in the air yet and/or if the motor isn't running? Sometimes it takes me 5 minutes to go through my pre-flight checklist and hearing "low altitude warning" the entire time starts driving me crazy.
- Not as bad, but it would be nice to have something similar to the above only for the low battery warning. This is mostly for the HIL simulation mode where the battery monitor isn't likely to be plugged in.
- Faster/easier way to enable/disable the video input each flight. During the pre/post flight checklist I like to keep the video input disabled to conserve battery on the laptop, but enabling it takes 4-5 clicks and is prone to error (especially in the bright sunlight). It would be great if the planner could remember the last settings and if the video device is available have a quick start/stop option on the HUD right-click menu, similar to how recording can be enabled/disabled.
- Raw Sensor View used to be able to show more than just Accels/Gyro data, have those options been permanently removed, or are they hiding somewhere?
Again, thanks for all the great work!
Just a note, Andreas just pointed out to me that the Raw Sensor View data I'm looking for was moved to the "Tuning" checkbox under the map. One thing off the list already! ;)
just some things back to you,
if you double click the pid screen tab, it will popout for you.
the alt warning stuff does need some fine tuning, i will work something out.
Thanks Michael, that will definitely be helpful.