Hello,

Every time I run an update on the mission planner it crashes (this only happens on the new version).

I retrieves all the files and when the command prompt window runs it crashes. Please see screen shot below.

And when I load ArduCopter 3.01 on my quad and try to connect with my 3DR radios it times out where as version 2.91b connects every time (I can upload firmware I cannot connect via MavLink) so I am no on 2.91b.

I am not sure if this is because of the mission planner crashing on update or because of the arducopter code.

Kind Regards

Christiaan

Tags: Mission, Planner

Views: 3399

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Im starting to think you need to reinstall the .net 3.5 framework.
as ive had a look at the changes in the last version where it crashes, and there is nothing that would cause a fatal crash like that.

Unfortunately it doesn't help as MP crashes even on fresh Win XP installed with just installed framewrks. Also tryed to fresh installation of Win XP with .NET frameworks and MP 1.2.70. No other software has been installed. Result is the same: app crashes on startup.

I have problem too. Win7 Pro 64bit SP1, Win8 64bit and XP32bit.

1.2.69 are no problem.

And I found...

Please see Attachments.

Attachments:

Thanks for that Tomi, I will hopefully have it fixed in the next build. I now know the cause atleast.

ok next version will be fixed!!

1.2.72 works fine on windows(JP).
I am glad to inform you that the problem is now solved.
Thank you!

Confirmed: MP 1.2.72 works great on Win 7 RUS and Win XP RUS.

Although I replied to this post that I've not had any difficulties with MP, I did encounter connection problems after an update to 1.2.73

MP would not connect with APM , also MP seemed to get hung up when I tried to select a COM port.

The solution, for me, was to turn off the BlueTooth radio on the computer.  

I guess that the BT COM ports were causing an un-resolvable condition and  Mission  Planner would eventually time out but it seemed like it froze until the time out expired.

This has happened before but I had forgotten about it and I had to re-discover the solution.

I'm using US english & my computer is running Win7  pro   64-bit.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service