Every time I run an update on the mission planner it crashes (this only happens on the new version).


I retrieves all the files and when the command prompt window runs it crashes. Please see screen shot below.


And when I load ArduCopter 3.01 on my quad and try to connect with my 3DR radios it times out where as version 2.91b connects every time (I can upload firmware I cannot connect via MavLink) so I am no on 2.91b.


I am not sure if this is because of the mission planner crashing on update or because of the arducopter code.


Kind Regards


Views: 4708


Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm facing the same problem. On fresh installed Win XP with all the .NET Frameworks (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5) and all available updates installed. (Win XP Professional, Russina, 32 bit)

Also MP 1.2.70 craches on Win 7 Ultimate, Russian 64 bit with all possible .NET Frameworks installed (it even has .NET 4.5.1 Preview). It is develpment PC so has all possible updates, Frameworks and VC libs (MSVS 6.0, 2005, 2008, 2010, 2012 and 2013 Preview are installed there).

MP 1.2.69 worked great on both systems.

Unfortunately it doesn't help as MP crashes even on fresh Win XP installed with just installed framewrks. Also tryed to fresh installation of Win XP with .NET frameworks and MP 1.2.70. No other software has been installed. Result is the same: app crashes on startup.

I have problem too. Win7 Pro 64bit SP1, Win8 64bit and XP32bit.

1.2.69 are no problem.

And I found...

Please see Attachments.


Thanks for that Tomi, I will hopefully have it fixed in the next build. I now know the cause atleast.

ok next version will be fixed!!

1.2.72 works fine on windows(JP).
I am glad to inform you that the problem is now solved.
Thank you!

Confirmed: MP 1.2.72 works great on Win 7 RUS and Win XP RUS.

Although I replied to this post that I've not had any difficulties with MP, I did encounter connection problems after an update to 1.2.73

MP would not connect with APM , also MP seemed to get hung up when I tried to select a COM port.

The solution, for me, was to turn off the BlueTooth radio on the computer.  

I guess that the BT COM ports were causing an un-resolvable condition and  Mission  Planner would eventually time out but it seemed like it froze until the time out expired.

This has happened before but I had forgotten about it and I had to re-discover the solution.

I'm using US english & my computer is running Win7  pro   64-bit.

Reply to Discussion


DIY Drones Monthly


Season Two of the Trust Time Trial (T3) Contest 
A list of all T3 contests is here. The current round, the Vertical Horizontal one, is here

© 2016   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service