Mission Planner with own GIS data

Hello,

This mission planner is absolutly briliant but there is one little thing I wonder if it is possible to do. I have an ArcGIS mapping solution and alot of my own data running on ArcGIS Desktop 9.2. Is there a way I can tel the application to use my data instead of the online data available because I am going to areas in africa where there is no internet at all and I would like to plot on some GIS information.

Here is a funtionality matrix for more information about the product.

http://downloads.esri.com/support/whitepapers/ao_/arcgis92-functionality-matrix_1206.pdf

Any help will be appretiated.

Kind Regards  

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I think for anyone wanting to do this in Australia try www.nearmaps.com and get a free personal licence.

In downloads section there is a utility that allows you to download them I understand.

Have not tried it yet but I think it is all there for free.

• In what format does the planner export the data?

• Developer

Michael,

have you seen the prefetch feature in the planner? just to make sure, you have. It will preload an entire area.

Michael

• One can get data from your local GIS data provider. I do know how to exstract SAT data from Google earth. 

• Developer

there is anther option as well.

if you have used globalmapper, you can load a ecw, and export it as google tiles. the planner can directly import a google tiles output.

• Developer

do you have a wms provider? the planner supports wms images

This reply was deleted.

Activity