heres my quad.
its quite heavy but has a lot of power. using 12x4.5 props.
motors im using:
hovers great but get the wobble of death during any heavy movement and especially during yaw. any tuning tips?
This page is a big help.
thank you Bill. any suggestions on where to start. i think im going to try assigning channel 6 to a knob and adjusting the gain.
I'm using ch6_rate_k6 set to min .025 and max .1.
I found about .55 gives me the most stable hover but things still go pretty wild when i move around.
Yaw seems to be causing the most trouble. I set my expo to the minimum for yaw but am going to try to mess around with the yaw rates next.
I set stabilize to about 3.5 and rate set to .06. Do these seem like reasonable numbers or is somthing off? I havn't touched any of the other config settings.
Still seems a bit wobbly when I move around but not as bad as before.
I only had the smallest of wobbles, just a couple shakes and it would quit. And my Xcopter is only 7.5 inches from motor to motor, but kinda heavy at about 1100ish grams. So below is my pid screen, but it's basically just the defaults with only the Rate Roll P dialed down. This may or may not help you because your machine is very different from mine. My only tweak was with the CH6_RATE_KP. How that gets translated into Rate Roll P, I have no idea. I have not found the secret decoder ring yet.
If you are using 4S batteries then the props are too large...
Also... I would think that quad would not yaw very well because of the distance from prop to prop...
It seems to be somewhat large
I have APC 13x4E props to put on but want to get it dialed in first. There $12 props x4.
With these 12x4.5's its only using under 40% throttle at hover. They are cheap props and I can hear them flex at high RPM.
I tried adjusting the throttle rates too but am not sure the best way to go.
I tried my APC props and it didn't help much. Your right still very poor yaw performance. I'm using 3s btw. I'll try shortening the arms... THANKS!!!
i went to the trouble of shortening the arms, moving the motors and discovered that a solder connection to one of the bullets went out. repaired and flying perectly now. loiter needs some tuning though. running 2.8 with default pid settings.