my first proper drone Hunter V-Tail 500

This is my first build of a drone used to have ar drone 2.0

frame: HUNTER VTAIL 500MM BY DIALFONZO

controller/autopilot: APM 2.6 3dr custom edit of firmware ArduCopter V3.1.2 stable for Hunter V-Tail

motors: SunnySky X2212 980KV Outrunner Brushless Motors

esc: JMT 30A Brushless ESC Speed Controller

propellers: APC 10 x 4.5

battery: Lipo 3s 5500 mhA 35c , 3s 1200mah led/camera/video transmitter battery , LiFe 9.9v 1500mAH 3s Transmitter Battery

radio: DX7 7Ch Air w/AR7000, TTL 3DRobotics 3DR Radio Telemetry Kit (915mhz MHz), SC2000 32CH 5.8GHz FPV Transmitter and Receiver 600mW

video/osd: MinimOSD , 36 LED Night Vision 6MM 800TVL+IRCUT CMOS CCTV Camera SV-611B-K800

other: Turnigy RC Receiver Controlled Switch on/off 10A / 30V for led's , DJI Quadcopter Head Light Bright White 3W , 100A Power Distribution Hub LED

Misc (hacks/mods):Brushless Camera Mount Gimbal w/ 2 Motors modified to fit frame, lights running of channel 7 on/off

3691109315?profile=original

3691109432?profile=original

3691109340?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• i have got rid of some bits now updated and modified 3.1.3 firmware and test flight went well just some more tuning to do it fly's really stable but have to be careful on landings with tail blades

here are some new better pictures 

i will post some videos soon as i can

3701712519?profile=original

3701712553?profile=original

3701712284?profile=original

3701712534?profile=original

• also the carbon fiber blades make a huge difference to noise and a lot more stable flight and hover

• Cool, but where is the nice gimbal.. lol

Yes good CF props make difference, they are more rigid and usually well balanced (usually...)

Is there a reason why you keep the X plate under the motors ?

• the gimbal will be added later when i get the bushless controller and also add hd cam to it 

as for the x plates it gives more support to the motor on bottom and also allows a few more mm clearance on rear and makes the motors more rigid where they attach to frame 

• My prototype Vtail, I mounted the props facing up, flies great and stable. Then again my flying skills are not the best. 

4-kv1000, 40amp plush ese,s and a KK2 FC.

https://vimeo.com/89215168

• Ok, keep us posted about your new developments.. ;)

• Hi Chris,

Very nice assembly, there is a lot in there.

How it handle with the APM 2.6 custom firmware ? You tested GPS functions ?

I really like the gimball too.. Do you have more closeup pictures ?

Eric Nantel - DiaLFonZo

• yes had to edit the code to only use tail for yaw

i have had it flying in garden but waiting for a nice day but it does fly ok on firmware mod i made

it looks alot better better cable management and video tx on tail and anti vibration mount for apm

This reply was deleted.

Activity