My new HexaCopter frame in carbon fiber arrived today.

Still deciding whether to get my ArduCopter Quad tuned and flying good before taking all the parts to fit out the Hexa.

Tags: Hexa

Views: 975

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I noticed in the motor config that the orientation for the hexa is that there is a front and rear motor like the + config in the quad.  But my frame is more like X setup, with the front of the hexa and APM pointing in the middle of the front two motors.  ie.  I have a front right, front left motor, I have a right and a left motor, and I have a rear right and rear left motor.  So I need to change the motors.pde

Can someone please explain to me this code in motors.pde  so I can make amendments to suit my frame.  My motor setup should be

FrontLeft

FrontRight

Left

Right

RearLeft

RearRight

#if AIRFRAME == HEXA // Hexacopter mix
LeftCWMotor = constrain(throttle + control_roll - (0.5 * control_pitch) - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Left Motor CW
LeftCCWMotor = constrain(throttle + control_roll + (0.5 * control_pitch) + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Left Motor CCW
RightCWMotor = constrain(throttle - control_roll - (0.5 * control_pitch) - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Right Motor CW
RightCCWMotor = constrain(throttle - control_roll + (0.5 * control_pitch) + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Right Motor CCW
FrontCWMotor = constrain(throttle + control_pitch - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Front Motor CW
BackCCWMotor = constrain(throttle - control_pitch + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Back Motor CCW
#endif

I found this code in branches/ Hein/ Quad/ ArduPiratesNG/ Motors.pde

I think is is for the Hexa Diamond configuration.

#if AIRFRAME == HEXA

// Hexacopter mix
LeftCWMotor = constrain(throttle + control_roll - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Left Motor CW
LeftCCWMotor = constrain(throttle + (0.43*control_roll) + (0.89*control_pitch) + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Left Motor CCW
RightCWMotor = constrain(throttle - (0.43*control_roll) + (0.89*control_pitch) - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Right Motor CW
RightCCWMotor = constrain(throttle - control_roll + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Right Motor CCW
BackCWMotor = constrain(throttle - (0.44*control_roll) - control_pitch - control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Back Motor CW
BackCCWMotor = constrain(throttle + (0.44*control_roll) - control_pitch + control_yaw, minThrottle, 2000); // Back Motor CCW
#endif

This is the Hexa setup I need, but I'm not sure what I need to configure in the motor.pde file

//Hexa Diamond Mode - 6 Motor system in diamond shape

//      L  CCW 0.Front.0 CW  R           // 0 = Motor
//                   ......***......                       // *** = APM
//   L  CW     0.....***......0 CCW  R       // ***
//                   ......***......                       // ***
//     B  CCW 0..Back..0  CW  B          L = Left motors, R = Right motors, B = Back motors.

Where did you get that frame?

Hi , Hai We will soon will stock spare parts for this hexaframe

motor plates,

motor mounts,

carbon fiber arms

main frame

etc.

at http://www.coptersky.com

@Hai, nice frame I almost got the same one 800mm size but decided Im too noob to fly around with this big of multirotor so I got small spy only. Hope to see your build.

@Sasha do you own that site I ask Sergey before about that site he said you are friend.

Yes Jeff i own that site.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service