Hello, I built a 450 frame quad with the apm mini v3.1, external NEO-6M ublox gps module mounted on antenna about 6" from frames top plate. Performed basic mission planner initial setup accel calib., Compass (Offsets X:-10, Y:-7, Z:55 roation_roll_180 works correctly), Radio, flightmode, esc calibrations.

In stabilize mode flys great, very responsive, and lots of power.

I have multiple questions, I am pretty novice but still ALOT to learn.

I have been trying out Loiter mode and it seemed to work ok at first but would dramatically fly straight up and i would try to bring it back down while still in loiter mode and it would come all the way back down to the ground. I tried recalibrating compass multiple times, mounted flight controller on foam blocks to reduce vibration (altho flys fine in stabilize mode also purchasing prop balancer) Now after multiple calibrations seems to have gotten worse and bobs around all axis alot. Not enough to loose total control. (but let it go too long and ran into coax cable in my back yard...) I want to learn terminal to be able to see whats happening but when i connect i get alot of random text and have tried everything from unplugging and replugging in flight controller and immediately connecting then hitting enter multiple times but same garbage text. ANY help related to this would greatly be appreciated. I will have plenty of time studying any links you can throw at m since i have to wait for new frame to come in the mail... 

Using Turnigy 9x v2 stock firmware and rx

Combo I purchased eBay item#: 201468565635

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Trying to grasp all of this analyzing data stuff and its all going over my head... I tried following these steps (Link) but im not seeing the same things as described and pictured. I do not see button "graph this data" etc... any tutorial vids or links?

• I have found out sofar...

Telemetry and Data logs can be downloaded using the Telemetry and Data Flash Logs Tabs at the bottom of the HUD in the MP.

Link: http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10642

Now i just need to figure out what they are and how to use them i think...

This reply was deleted.

Activity