I ordered the Full ArduPilot Mega kit with 2.4 Ghz telemetry kit, (900 Mhz was sold out) and have installed the APM and have it running in Planner 1.8 with the telemetry working fine with the cable. When I went to connect to the Xbee Pro I recieved the following error.
I have set both Xbee's to 57600 in X-CTU software by simpling using the write function, then I am able to read them after words to confirm this.
In the installation guide however it says to have the "update firmware" box checked when you are doing this. When I do this I get the following error.
I cannot see any reset switch or button on either of the boards, and am stuck at this screen. I have Windows configured to 57600 also.
When I change the setting in X-CTU with out the update firmware box checked I can atleast write to the boards and change their Buad rate to 57600. I still cannot get the 2 boards to talk to each other, when they try and connect in Planner 1.8 all I get is a red light coming on for 30 seconds then it goes off after it times out.
before and during the attempted connection in Planner
It said they were suppose to come ready to go, I have sent about 6 hours trying now with no luck. I'm new to this so if anyone can help me to get these to work I would appreciate it. Thanks
This is EXACTLY the problem I'm having. These things used to work. Then they stopped connecting to Mission Planner. I am able to use the X-CTU to talk to the board that is normally on the ground. But the one that is on the aircraft, if I place it in the USB interface board, I can't get X-CTU to talk to is at all. Soon as I plug it in, the red RSSI LED goes on full-time, and the RX and TX lights blink occaisionally. I have tried the unbricking proceedure in the WIKI, and it's not working. It just can't talk to the air unit.
Thanks. I got it figured out by unbricking the standard way. The problem was that I didn't even know I was officially "bricked" at first. Then I thought I needed the a USB Explorer board from Sparkfun as that's what the wiki said. Once I realized that I could take the airborn Xbee module off and put it on the USB module of the ground station and do the firmware flash, then I was on the right track.
I had a few additional problems. One being the firmware flash won't work from a non-admin account in WinXP. Then, after reflashing the airborne Xbee, it had a different firmware version than the ground based unit, so I had to reflash it too. Then it all worked.
Great to hear you are up and running!