New motors for 12" & 3DR 2014 quad (3S)

Ok, the 2014 quad had a near-fatal crash today...take off, then things went haywire. Power on "landing" onto tarmac from 30m.

I think i've traced it to a 400% increase in magfield as the onlz anomoly in the logs. Possibly due to an electric train passing about 20m away at the time. The backup quad did not record the same issues 10 minutes later.

Long story short - most of it is wrecked, including 3 motors. Would be easier to list the parts that do still work. The 3DR held up surprisingly well - all the screw holes in two arms are now oval shaped, but the arms themselves are  straight. I'll replace them anyway.

I was running it less than optimally - 12" on Tmotor 900kv's, on 3S. So now I have the chance to choose motors more suited to turning 12" on 3S.

Why 12" and 3S? Because I have tons of spares I can't use elsewhere, and this is my only 3S quad - I've got an investment in big (10,000mah+) packs as well, and I'd like to keep using them.

Any Ideas/recommendations for motors?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Ok I've answered my own question - spent a bit of time on ecalc and the best - cheap - motor i should use is this: 

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__38455__Turnigy_Multistar...

ecalc says i should get around 14 mins hover on a 8,000mah. Is anyone getting more than 15 mins on a 2014 quad?

I ask because they're quite heavy in the hand - the airframe - drive system is 1,100g. I was hoping it would be coming in well under the kilo, to be honest.

This reply was deleted.

Activity