New Quad Build All tips welcome!!!

Frame: Turnigy Talon V2 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame 550mm

Motor: hexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv 

Esc: HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller

Battery: Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack

Props: 12* 3.8

Brains: APM2 (flight controller)

Any suggestions? I'm trying to maximize flight time.

Screen shot 2012-04-30 at 4.27.53 PM.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• 10*4.5 props and 400kv high lift motors will likely give you a good increase in max flight time.

• i have similar configuration
    Frame: Turnigy Talon V2 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame 550mm
    Motor: hexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv
    Esc: HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller
    Battery: 5000mah 3S
    Props: SOFT gemfun 12 inch
    APM2 / ac 2.8.1
    i cannot find rate pids
    i decrease rate p by 10% to value 0.070 but it cant help me. copter oscilate when i small turn it
    what pids using for this configuration?
    can it be my problem soft propellers?
    can it be my problem copter have hover at 15% of trottle?
  • I've just ordered parts for something similar to this.  The main difference between your build and mine is the motor.  I'll be using the Turnigy L2215J-900 motor (900kv, as the name implies).  I'll be using the same size prop, with a 4.5'' pitch, and a larger 6Ah 3S LiPo.  Let us know what kind of flight time you get when you test it out.

• Hi Adam,

I'm about to build a similar quad configuration, with a Turnigy Talon v2 frame + an APM2. I currently have 4 XPower 2812/20 motors from a previous project but maybe I will change for other motors if these are not powerful enough. So I'm interrested in your project. Do you confirm that the hexTronik DT750 motors mount correctly on the talon v2 frame ? I was not sure concerning the diameter of the motor base.

I currently didn't receive the APM2 yet (still backordered) and my Talon v2 is on the way from HK and I should receive it in a couple of days.

I will be interrested about your PID settings too if you have to tune them :)

Regards,

Remi

This reply was deleted.

Activity