Frame: Turnigy Talon V2 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame 550mm

Motor: hexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv 

Esc: HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller

Battery: Turnigy nano-tech 5000mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack

Props: 12* 3.8

Brains: APM2 (flight controller)

Any suggestions? I'm trying to maximize flight time.

Tags: Build, Quad, advice, suggestions, tips

Views: 2390

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Adam,

I'm about to build a similar quad configuration, with a Turnigy Talon v2 frame + an APM2. I currently have 4 XPower 2812/20 motors from a previous project but maybe I will change for other motors if these are not powerful enough. So I'm interrested in your project. Do you confirm that the hexTronik DT750 motors mount correctly on the talon v2 frame ? I was not sure concerning the diameter of the motor base.

I currently didn't receive the APM2 yet (still backordered) and my Talon v2 is on the way from HK and I should receive it in a couple of days.

I will be interrested about your PID settings too if you have to tune them :)

Regards,

Remi

I've just ordered parts for something similar to this.  The main difference between your build and mine is the motor.  I'll be using the Turnigy L2215J-900 motor (900kv, as the name implies).  I'll be using the same size prop, with a 4.5'' pitch, and a larger 6Ah 3S LiPo.  Let us know what kind of flight time you get when you test it out.

Hi,

I've assembled it as described above and I can get around 7 minutes flight time with 2200 mAh 3S lipo.

Regards,

Remi

Hi Remi,

What did you use for power distribution?  I've found that the PDB sold by 3D Robotics doesn't fit inside the Talon V2 frame.  I've been considering shaving the corners off of the PDB to fit it in there, but I can't see the traces in the board well enough to know if this will break it.  Additionally, if you have any advice/pictures for how you mounted your autopilot/battery on the frame, I'd be interested to see that.

Thanks,

Robert

i have similar configuration
Frame: Turnigy Talon V2 Carbon Fiber Quadcopter Frame 550mm
Motor: hexTronik DT750 Brushless Outrunner 750kv
Esc: HobbyKing 20A BlueSeries Brushless Speed Controller
Battery: 5000mah 3S
Props: SOFT gemfun 12 inch
APM2 / ac 2.8.1
i cannot find rate pids
i decrease rate p by 10% to value 0.070 but it cant help me. copter oscilate when i small turn it
what pids using for this configuration?
can it be my problem soft propellers?
can it be my problem copter have hover at 15% of trottle?

10*4.5 props and 400kv high lift motors will likely give you a good increase in max flight time.

RSS

© 2014   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service