1. In the CLI mode, I tested motors in the X mode right/left/up/down and the (2) correct motors turned, when I put the controller in the 45 degree positions- 3-motors run instead of two is this correct?
2. Did a first flight test by hanging Arducopter with string to get my feet wet!
Turned the system off, next time went to arm motors and nothing happened.
Reset the APM and when the motors armed the next time the throttle became reversed and crashed the arducopter. Any explanation for why the throttle reversed by itself after reset ????
3. When I reassemble my arducopter and try my second flight - what is the best flight mode to start in:
stablize, auto or manual?
1) Don't know.
2) Arming is not possible when throttle is not 0. So a reversed throttle will not allow you to arm. Something else was wrong.
3) Stabilise. In auto you won't be able to arm motors.
When I've loaded new firmware, of modified something important, I always keep the copter firmly in my hand and give little throttle. Then I wiggle it to see if it stabilises itself. then I try rolling and tilting and check that it tilts in the right direction. Ofcourse hold it firmly enough to be able to hold it full throttle and keep hands and arms away from the props.